Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: no title in some songs - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

why in some songs now with vdj5 instead for the title of the song in the title column of the browser i get the address of the song d:mymusic/house/...... ?

Mensajes Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 5:14 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What are your settings in the Config -> Browser tab -- > Artist/Title option.

Mensajes Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 9:53 pm
my curent setting is artist/title : smart but i ve choose everything and from filename and from tags and nothing changed.
I'm giving you some details to help me:
these songs are in an external hard drive and this problem appears only in my laptop wich runs vista.
When i plug my external to my desktop wich runs xp the same songs appearing with title and artist as it should be but in my laptop it has as a title d:/mymusic/disco ......

Mensajes Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 10:57 pm
That is very odd. With your drive hooked up to the Vista machine, go to the external drive's root location and make sure that you set the permissions of that file so that ALL users (Admin, Everyone, etc) has FULL Access to the file. Also, if you haven't turned off the UAC, do that as well.

Mensajes Sat 06 Oct 07 @ 12:15 am
Cstoll thanks for your quick responce, but im not a computer expert to understand where i can find root location etc
Can you please give me a hand to do the things you mentioned before? Thanks

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 12:29 am
i can't understan what root location is (its my english that dont help me alot) but i turned off UAC and nothing changed.

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 12:53 am

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 1:51 am
I choosed the second way through the utility.I took the ownership of the files that i have problem with.
But the problem is still here.
Cstoll in vdj browser when i right click on the mp3s that i have problem with and choose file infos the filename's tab is full of numbers no letters at all and all other tabs (artist genre etc.) are empty.Does this says something to you?

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 12:50 pm
I have opened these files with tag&rename before this topic and you can see the the titles and artist as it should be.
pm me your email to send you one of these files.

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 3:55 pm

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 5:53 pm
Yes the problem is still here.Do you still want to send you one of these files?

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 7:42 pm
Yes - you can find my email address in my blog.

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 8:49 pm
ok the file must have been delivered.

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 9:52 pm
It's viewing fine on my end. Don't know where you have gotten the corruption from. Can you take a screen shot of what you are seeing? Also, have you tried going to Config -> Browser tab -- and running a Check & Fix on your databases ?

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 11:42 pm
PHOTO1

file infos

the same album opened with tag & rename

Mensajes Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 8:27 pm
What happens if you select all the files (Ctrl+A) then right click and select File Info - Reload Tag and Title from Tag ?

Mensajes Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 9:14 pm
Nothing at all
The problem is that i discover more alboums that have the same behavour.
What i should do?

Mensajes Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 9:48 pm

Mensajes Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 2:21 am
That problem is realy similar with mine.But i dont have weird characters on these albums.
Anyway i will wait for 5.1.I hope the problem will be fixed in that version.
Cstoll thanks for your help.

Mensajes Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 9:18 am
Hi, sorry for arriving late...

VDJ does NOT yet support special language characters, such as Greek,Russian etc letters.

Thats the reason I think

Rename the folders from "Cafi del mar" to "Cafe Del Mar", and it will work i bet:)

(where I guess Cafi has some special "i" from Greek alphabet?)

Mensajes Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 7:00 pm
91%