Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Vinyl > Virtual

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Ok guys,

Ive been an on & off DJ for the past ten years, I have a pair of technics 1210s + Newmark mixer. I’ve just converted all my 500 vinyl EPs to mp3 and added them to iTunes.

Instead of turning up at a club, I just want to bring my laptop along with all my tracks saved to itunes with a copy of Virtual DJ, how cool is that….

The only problem im having with virtual DJ is not being able to hear the 2nd track through my headphones that I want to mix into the track playing coming out of the speakers.

So how do I pre-listen to the 2nd track through my headphones before I mix it into the track currently being played?

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 2:12 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
U need to use a 4.1 soundcard to prelisten or mayausb44 ,mk2 etc for timecoded plus prelisten:)

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 2:15 pm
Spinna, cheers m8

Can you elaborate a little more on that, when i purcahsed Virtaul DJ i thought that function would have been standard! how can you cue a track up without being able to pre-listen to it first.. man that sucks.

Can you explain how the 4.1 souncard works, i havent got a clue, more money then

Cheers

M

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 2:25 pm
it is standard..hee but u cant prelisten only tru lappy or pc unless u use a soundcard that support this..

Take a look at any usb soundcard 4.1 esp the ones from creative.. if not wrong soundblaster 5.1, it will work and it cheap.. there too will be input for ur headset..

Then after that at ur config:

input: none
output: headphones
cards: 4.1

Soundcard: creative 5.1 etc

output channel:master front output, headphone rear output

Or if using external mixer choose this

input: none
output: external mixer
cards: 4.1

soundcards: creative 5.1 etc

output channel:left deck front output right deck rear output

With external mixer mode u could plug in ur headset there:)

There u go.. :) Btw u could look for a herc mk2 or total control but with the latter u need djio for example as it not a soundcard

Hope that help:)

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 2:34 pm

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 7:27 pm
yeah it should be ok:)

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 8:08 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The DJ i/o is not asio compatible.....

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 9:43 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
The DJ i/o is not asio compatible.....

Thanks TearEmUp.. Yes n its not asio compatible, forgot to mention that. So u cant do timecodes if u wanna to:) But it werk great for prelistening from what i been hearing:)

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 9:47 pm
Hello,

I have got the Hercules Djconsole mp3 and i think the standard version of virtual dj that ame with that. i have also got the creative soundblaster 5.1 sound card as my laptop only has one output on it so me too i am unable to prelisten to my next song in my head phones. are you guys saying is that this 5.1 soundcard should allow me to prelisten the next song as in the config all i have is soundcard and it says use headphones for 4.1 rear out or something like that. im confused can somebody help me

Mensajes Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 12:02 pm
Hi hyperdruid, u could indeed use any 4.1 cards...n ur creative 5.1 can do the work..n yes in config shoose that 4.1 n u ready to go...;)

Mensajes Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 1:33 pm
hello thanks for the reply but when i go into config on the virtual dj software all the options are blocked out and i am unable to access them, i think the version i am using is virtual dj home use or something

Mensajes Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 4:58 pm
Hi ,,

i don't use the DJC edition but i'm sure there is an option to configure.. Urs is the dj console Mp3 djc edition n it should be the same as the mk2 djc edition except in config a little different in soundcard selection. Whereas in Mk2 Djc edition, u could only choose the mk2 as its soundcard n would not even werk it the console not attached and the others selection are greyed out too.... so i would conclude the Dj console Mp3 Djc edition do have a similarities where most of the selection is greyed n that because this version is a djc edtion aka a special home edition..(Something a crossover between home edition and pro edition)

Take a look here for better understanding... Comparision Charts

Back to ur problem, could u tell me wat is the options available other than the grey ones:)
I do know that it will support 4.1 cards:)

Cheers

Mensajes Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 8:17 am
Hi guys,

So i have purchased the DJ I/O but ive hit problems!

1, I have plugged the USB from my PC into the DJ I/O
2, I have connected my headphones into the (Output2)
3, I have plugged my speaker jack into the back of my PC (Its green i only have one jack)
4, I have installed the DJ I/O driver software
5, Under the config in VRDJ i have set the following:-
# Inputs - None
# Outputs - Headphones
# Soundcards - ASIO
# ASIO Driver - NewmarkUSB Audio Device
# Output Channels - Master: Chan 1&2 / Headphones: Chan 3&4

Everything is working fine, but i can’t get any sound out of my speakers only my headphones

Man i thought i was technically competent but this is really starting to doooooooo my head in!!

Can you help?

Cheers

Mark

Mensajes Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 7:43 pm
hi u should plug ur speaker from the output of the djio.. there should be a rca output behind output 1 n output 2.. try to see if that werks:)

Mensajes Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 9:01 pm
Spinna,

The problem is i plug my PC speakers into the back of my PC with one sound jack adaper. I have RCA leads comming out of the DJ I/O that i have plugged into the back of my PC but it doesnt work. I need to do somthing with the speaker jack!! i think

Mensajes Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 9:07 pm
Ive sorted it, but the sound quality is very poor mate

Mensajes Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 9:15 pm
whats is ur setting?

n did u done this via the lappy output or the djio?

try this

Inputs: none
outputs: headphone
sc: 2 cards
sC: ur lappy card
scsecondary: djio

output channel: main first card, headphone 2nd card

n make sure ur lappy card control panel sound is not all the way up.. abt 3/4 is the most.. try that:)

pls post back ur outcome.:)

Mensajes Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 9:25 pm
Happyone .. have u got it sorted??

Mensajes Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 9:10 pm
Does the Hercules MK2 controller require an ASIO usb sound driver? Can the MK2 allow you to listen to how your mix will will sound before dropping in the next track? I need to know. Can somebody inform me on this one?

Mensajes Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 3:00 pm
MK2 does have the 3/4 channel for headphone listening...

Mensajes Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 10:21 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)