Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Mixing Videos with Laptop

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

bocajrPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, I wondering if I need any special hardware to mix videos, my configuration is Laptop HP Business Notebook Nc6000 (Pentium M 745 1.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 60 GB HDD, External Drive with my music, Hercules MK1, Projector. I will appreciated any feedback, I'm not planning to mix videos all night but for short periods of time, my video collection is not that big.

Thank You All

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 3:41 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what is ur graphic cards?OS?

Mensajes Sun 07 Oct 07 @ 9:24 pm
Did a search for Nc6000 on google. And as far as I can see, that notebook contains a Radeon Mobility 9600 32MB graphics card, which is not enough for video mixing in VDJ. Kinda old specs, mine are similar but 3,5 years old now, but yet it that notebook is pricey.
You will however need a gpu with 256 DEDICATED ram to work well for video.

Mensajes Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 5:14 pm
do you recommend a pc card video card?? I don't know any other solution.
Anybody with other solution???

Mensajes Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 2:15 am
and more ram would help my have glitchyness to it if not upgraded ( more is better) and dont want that stigma of a glitch in a live setting if you can go up to 2 gigs of ram

Mensajes Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 2:28 am
I agree, you need to beef up your laptop to at least 2 gigs ram if you want to video mix without problems, ( i had roughly the same specs as you before) but i find that my 128 mb Nividia card runs quite well via projector or plasma without overheating the laptop.

Mensajes Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 10:19 pm
guys i have a problems try to mixing videos i have a notebook computer is a dell xps m1210 intel core 2 duo t 5600 (1.83 ghz) 2 gb ddr2 of memory, 80 gb of hard drive and 256 nvidia geforce go 7400 turbocache with windows vista home premium. also i have 2 numark icdx , one numark total control to mix the video and one numark djio as a external sound card. the problem is just when i try to mix video the sound and video start to cut off when i using the mouse to try to find a song from a folder or using de scroller from the icdx but everything sounds perfect when unplug the proyector from the computer and disable the second monitor on my video card. can someone please help me to get a solutions can be a video card problems or maybe the usb ports cause i have my two icdx and total control and djio via usb?.....thanks.raul

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 5:47 am
Are you currently using an USB power hub?

Mensajes Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 12:39 am
before i was using a external usb without power and without the videos was ok but the soon i plug in the proyector the virtual dj dont even open so i decided to plug in my icdx total control and djio to usb port from the computer and start to work okwith videos but the soon i start to use the mouse to look for a song the the sound card start to make noises and stop the music and the video and the same time and then i unplug the proyector and the sound card sounds perfect so i dont know what else to do i just install 2 gb of memory but still the same. thanks

Mensajes Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 1:13 am
I was able to mix ok with my laptop, using the projector like a extended monitor in xp, videos mix ok, cpu use always to the max. I found that some videos format run better than others, my question is. Which format should I convert my videos files for best quality, best sound and small file size. Which video files converter sholud I use? Thanks

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 5:45 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)