Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: M3U Playlists Missing

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have been noticing that most of the time that the M3U playlists in "C:\\Documents and Settings\\(User Name)\\My Documents\\VirtualDJ\\Tracklisting" do not show up in VirtualDJ v5.0.4. I made a custom playlist for an event that I am going to host this weekend. I navigated to the folder through VirtualDJ, but the file does not show up there as well. I wanted to test out Automix and the right side Playlist to see how it works, but I cannot use the playlist I created since I cannot see it. The weird thing is that I remember when I first installed v5.0.4, I did not see it at first, but saw it another day.

I have done a search of this issue in this section of the forums to make sure not to flood this section with more redundant posts. Right cstoll? :-)

Mensajes Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 1:03 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Personally create playlists are saved to My Documents -> VirtualDJ\\Playlists
I you want to see your manually created Playlists make sure in the Config -> Browser tab, that the Show Playlists is checked
Just like version 4, this is the only structure where you can have nested folders of playlists. Have to be created outside of VirtualDJ using Windows.

History (Automaticly created by VirtualDJ) are saved in My Documents -> VirtualDJ\\Tracklisting
I you want to the VirtualDJ created History playlists make sure in the Config -> Browser tab, that the Show History is checked
Does not support nested folders.

All of which is explained in the manual. Not outlined in this same fashion, but is explained.

Mensajes Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 2:31 am
Thanks. Yes, I already read the User Guide. I had both of those options already checked. Is not Virtual DJ supposed to show m3u files in the center browser if a folder has them? The "History" node shows the m3u files successfully. I was looking under "Playlists" before. I have nothing in my Playlists folder inside the VirtualDJ folder, but I cannot have my playlist m3u file in another folder on my hard drive?

Mensajes Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 3:08 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No, playlists no longer list in the center (file browser) panel just by clicking on the Playlist option in the left panel OR any other folder that contains them.

Yes you can have Playlists in other locations, however; if you have used the Registry Tool and 'checked' OR manually set the value to 1 in the registry for the NoBrowseM3U option then M3U (playlist) files will only show under the Playlist or History options. The NoBrowseM3U registry setting must be a 0 or 'Unchecked' using the Registry Tool in order to see the M3U files. And they will only show in the LEFT navigation panel.

** However, I now see there is still a small navigation bug that exists. The files don't show if it can't expand the folder. In other words there needs to be a folder in that folder in order for it to expand. Note made and passed to Dev Team **

Mensajes Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 3:34 am
Ah, so it is a bug! I figured it might be, but was not sure and I did not want to jump the gun. My m3u file is indeed in a folder by itself. Hooray for another bug that is going to be squashed. :-)

My "NoBrowseM3U" setting is set to "0". I have not touched the registry settings yet.

I replicated the issue as well. All I did was to create an empty folder inside named "Test" where the playlist is and now the m3u file shows up! Until the new revision, I will have to do this. In addition, I deleted the folder afterwards and the m3u file still shows up until I restart VirtualDJ 5.0.4.

As always, thanks for the help.

Mensajes Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 3:54 am
How do i set up the registry to do that? What is the code i have to put in?

Mensajes Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 10:20 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)