Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Best way to clean crossfader and volume sliders

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Whats the best way to clean crossfaders and channel volume slides on mixers.

Blow high pressure air on them or some sort of cleaner/lube.

Any advice.

Jimmy b

Mensajes Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 12:52 am
Depends how bad it is, on a bad case, ie cigarette ash in them etc, use a blower first (canned co2) then use a reputable switch cleaner, that's SWITCH CLEANER NOT WD40 or Duck Oil. A popular brand of switch cleaner in the UK is called "servisol" If you go into your local radio shack type store or a propper DJ store they will have it, just ask for "switch cleaner".

Just spray the switch cleaner into the sliders, with power OFF, then give that slider lots of action, sliding it rapidly back & forth a few times to work that cleaner in. Then leave for about 15 minutes and power her up and test. Any dirt noises should be gone!

Mensajes Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 11:30 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks TopHouse.

I'll be going to a DJ shop on Saturday to pick some new needles for my 1210's, so I'll see if they got any Servisol and pick some up. I thought WD40 would be a No, no

Jimmy b

Mensajes Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 4:17 pm
It may not be servisol that they stock but most switch cleaners are similar. Just ask them for 'good switch cleaner'

WD40 or Duck Oil (Duck oil is a popular US product similar to our UK WD40) are a no no because they are an oil/lubricant in a solvent, basically meaning that when sprayed, they coat the treated item, the solvent evaporates and leaves a thin oil behind, this is an insulator but also it very slightly tacky and attracts dust, so you can end up with faders worse than when you started.

But don't forget.... POWER OFF !!!!!!

Mensajes Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 4:56 pm
hi can i have it

Mensajes Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 11:00 pm
NO! it's mine!

Mensajes Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 11:16 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)