Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Virtual Vinyl freezes when I mix videos!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello every one I just bought Virtual Vinyl and i am very dissapointed. I bought it so I can mix videos and Virtual vinyl Freezes every time I use video. I am runing V. V. on a Mac book pro with 1 gig of ram what do think is the problem?

Mensajes Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 11:41 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have you downloaded the latest version ?

there will be another update very soon v5 which will aslo improve video quality

Mensajes Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 11:46 pm
I would suggest at least 2 gigs of RAM. I have 2 gigs on my Macbook and that's just for music, I don't even use videos. RAM for Macs ain't cheap but at least you'll sleep at night better knowing your computer won't crash on you.

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 1:08 am
Sinister I got your PM, I'll respond here.

1st - The current available Mac version is not caught up to the current windows version. The Mac version is 4.3 and has quite a few problems. The current Windows version is 5.0 rev 5 and it runs great. Version 5 is coming along for Mac but is still in the Beta (testing) stage.

2nd - I am using a Mac to run Virtual Vinyl but am running Windows XP via Bootcamp. I am using a Macbook Pro 17" with 2.33 ghz dual, 3 gigs of ram, ATI graphics card with 256 gb. I have Bootcamp installed which lets me load Windows XP. When in XP I have everything uneeded shut off and Virtual Vinyl runs amazing! Its a process to restart in windows, make sure your fans are working, have all your services off, and updates completed...but once you do it will run GREAT! I do all video 3 nights a week (and I'm pretty tough on the program, ie TCV, pitch changing, searching).

3rd - My advice if you want to do video. First, upgrade to the max. Get every piece of ram you can for that boy. Next you have two options a) wait for the version 5 for Mac and see how it runs b) install windows on your computer. If you want to do the Windows option I could help you move along.

Charlie Five

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 3:09 am
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
RAM for Macs ain't cheap but at least you'll sleep at night better knowing your computer won't crash on you.

I got a 2 gb stick for somewhere around $200. Thats fairly inexpensive considering I spent $3000 on the computer. I agree though always upgrade your RAM!

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 3:11 am
Thanks. I guess I ll wait for 5.0, meanwhile Ill try to get another gig of ram. Will 2gigs of ram enogh to run V. V. Smoothly? Someone told me I could only fit 2 Gigs on my Mac book Pro.

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 4:41 am
Sinister, I can't send you back PM's. You have it blocked. I'll answer your question here though. My plan is to upgrade to Leopard after my weekend gigs. Install Windows Vista and use whatever is the newest version on my Windows partition. It works great with Windows and I have had NO major problems live. I prob won't use the Mac version 5 unless I really believe in it. My venues are to important and I couldn't afford an unexpected crash.

What Macbook Pro do you have? What is the processor?

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 7:56 am
According to the Mac website you can fit as much as 4 gigs of RAM in a Macbook Pro. I would think 2 gigs would probably be enough provided you've tweaked your Mac to run smoothly.

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 5:39 pm
hkd987PRO InfinityMember since 2007
yes ram is what you need if you look at the specs to mix video you must have at least 2 gigs of ram so to make it run good you need 3 min.

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 7:00 pm
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
According to the Mac website you can fit as much as 4 gigs of RAM in a Macbook Pro.

That depends on what model you own. Mine is a 3 gb max.

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 8:30 pm
Mac OSX
Version 10.4.10
Processor 2.16 Ghz Intel Core Duo
Memory 1 GB 667 MHz Ram

So how many GB of ram can I fit in my mac book pro?

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 9:56 pm
Well according to the Mac website it doesn't matter which model of the Macbook Pro you have, they're all upgradable to 4 GB of RAM regardless of the model (15" 2.2 GHz, 15" 2.4 GHz or the 17" 2.4 GHz model). Now all this is assuming you're talking about a fairly new Macbook Pro and not an older model.

Mensajes Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 12:33 am
Oh wait, I just noticed that in your specs your clock speed is 2.16 GHz which means one of two things, your computer is not a Macbook pro but rather just a regular Macbook, OR you have an older Macbook Pro (which would explain the slower clock speed than all the currently available models). Either way, you should just bring your Mac into an authorized Apple re-seller (i.e. Mac store) and have someome tell you exactly how much RAM your particular Mac is capable of accomodating.

Mensajes Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 12:38 am
Thanks Guys Im going to the mac store tomorrow to check up on some ram. I was hoping to have this resolved by Friday, I have 2 party's one on sat and the other on Sunday. Ill let you know what they tell me @ the mac store.

Mensajes Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 9:16 am
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
Well according to the Mac website it doesn't matter which model of the Macbook Pro you have, they're all upgradable to 4 GB of RAM regardless of the model (15" 2.2 GHz, 15" 2.4 GHz or the 17" 2.4 GHz model). Now all this is assuming you're talking about a fairly new Macbook Pro and not an older model.

YES. The only model of Macbook Pro's that are upgradable to 4 gb of Ram are the newest 'Santa Rosa' generations. I have the gen before that (the 2.33) and can only max to 3 gb. There are like 6 generations of Macbook Pro's! In all honesty the 2.33 works better with VDJ because of the ATI video card.

Mensajes Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 5:12 pm
dj sinister1 wrote :
Thanks Guys Im going to the mac store tomorrow to check up on some ram. I was hoping to have this resolved by Friday, I have 2 party's one on sat and the other on Sunday. Ill let you know what they tell me @ the mac store.

You don't necessarily need to go to the Mac store to find out the best options for a ram upgrade. Did you research online at all? There are a ton of websites that will auto test your computer and tell you exactly how much ram you can upgrade to and give you the options on different purchasing.

I'll link you to a good site.

Mensajes Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 5:16 pm
Here you go Sinister:

http://www.crucial.com/index.aspx?gclid=cpbekrztri8cfqgdpaodvxxkqq#

Here is more info of the specs of your computer. You can upgrade to 2 gb of ram total:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=MacBook%20Pro%202.16GHz%20Intel%20Core%20Duo%20%2815.4-inch%29

You most likely have 2 separate sticks totaling 1 gb. For optimal performance you are going to need to buy 2 - 1 gb sticks. At crucial they are $60 for the pair. Do a little more research or buy from there. Your upgrade is going to be pretty inexpensive and it is very easy to install.

Mensajes Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 5:19 pm
Thank's Bro. I got my hands on windows XP/w the sevice pack. Do you think I should Install it or should I Wait for 5.0 mac version?

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 3:12 am
Oops just realize I made a typo

CHARL1E F1VE wrote :

You most likely have 2 separate sticks totaling 1 gb.

I meant 2 separate sticks totaling 2 gb.

As far as upgrading (I did answer your PM) I would purchase Leopard now that it has been released. It comes with the final version of Bootcamp which will work the best with XP or Vista. I am using Tiger and 1.4 Bootcamp Beta with XP. I just got Leopard and after my weekend gigs I am going to install Leopard and either XP or Vista on my machine. Prob Vista.

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 9:35 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)