Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: error in the video driver (SOLVED)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i've been using the video mixing part of VJ on my old laptop and it didnt handle the video perfectly, so i got a new laptop

Windows XP
2.8 dual core xtreme cpu
4 gigs ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT Graphics

When i attempt to use the hardware acceleration i get an"error in the video driver" message. If i dont use Hardware Acceleration the image quality is awful. But once i click on the drop down menu to select my graphics card with HA enable, VDJ gives me this error message.

I have directx 10 installed.. I also updated my video drivers on the laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mensajes Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 11:13 pm
ajb174CUE userMember since 2007
Dont no if i can help but have had same issue & resolved it by playing around & found;

Q]I dont no what format you are ripping your dvds into, all mine are in vob ripped from the vdj menu with this i had some video errors that i found was due to:

1st] If i was playing a video & had my output to my graphics card but nothing conected to it it would show error, (ie plug in your projector screen etc turn them on and re start vdj and error gone!

2nd] If your just playing around with vdj & dont require a output to other screens make sure your output is switched just to windows & not your graphcs card.

I keep forgeting to do this & set up kit at gig fire pc up & get error due to not pluging in my monitors & switching them on first?? hard life!

I hope this is of help?

Mensajes Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 4:58 pm
ajb174CUE userMember since 2007
Sorry item 1 should read "re-start pc" not just vdj.

Mensajes Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 5:23 pm
thanks...i also discover those steps using my other laptop...after vj/dj'g with vdj, you get into the step of things...neither one of those are the issue.

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 3:57 am
i experience that same issues. I had to restore my system from directx 10 to Directx 9.0c. Other issues surround codecs. I check to see if the right codec is applied to the appropriate format. MP4's need additional codecs installed. Then I use the windows media video to read the file.

Mensajes Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 12:27 am
hmm, thank you lorenzoholguin....thats something to look into, let me try the reinstall of direct x 9
...and we'll see what happens.

thank you!

Mensajes Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 7:43 am
guess the directx 9 issue will be a last resort, since discovering you have to reinstall windows to remove directx from the system, there is no way to uninstall it directly...(at least what i read from researching it online)

thanks

Mensajes Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 7:26 pm
well,I did the reinstall...it didnt help...same error. I hope someone has a suggestion..i'm getting frustrated with this.

Mensajes Sat 03 Nov 07 @ 12:45 am
Some video cards must be connected to tv/projector if extended monitor is enable on windows properties, check if that's your case or maybe your video card doeesn't support the hardware acceleration.

Mensajes Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 6:46 pm
I(with dell's help) figured it out, there was a driver missing for
"AGEIA PhysX Adapter" on my laptop...so after getting the drivers for that, which has something to do with the video graphics...it works now.

thanks everyone!

Mensajes Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 8:23 pm
Glad you've solved your problem :)

Mensajes Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 6:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)