Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Mixxman DM2 & Virtual DJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi

I bought Mixxman DM2 USB PC decks last week end and had problems instaiing them, i've found several sits that suggest using DM2 to MIDI but i don't understand how it works and also read the tutorial here ( http://dm2.proboards23.com/index.cgi?board=genaudio&action=display&thread=1189102233 ) Which i don't understand one bit.

I was wondering if someone could help me out a little bit.

Also, i was thinking of getting a HERCULES. Either a:

HERCULES DJ Control Mp3
or a
Hercules DJ Console Mk2

Which one would be compatable for VDJ?
Which one would work with Audgy Sound Blaster 24Bit Sound Card?
And which one would be the better one (EG, Easie to use.)

I'm a n00b Dj as such. I just like messing around now and then.

P.S. I believe that the DJ Console Mk2 has a jack for head phones which would be a great advantage, would the Control Mp3 also have this feature?

Many thanks

And i hope that you guys can help me with a few of my questions above.

Regards
Dan

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 8:41 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
both are compatable and include their own copy of console edition vdj

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/djcedition.html

however the mk2 has its own soundcard with headphone support

the mp3 console is just the contoler on its own and is based on V1 console which has weaker buttons than the mk2

i would recomend you get the mk2

you can aslo get a discount if you buy one of the consoles should you choose to

upgrade

i have aslo created a system to utilise the midi tools for the dm2 for pro users
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/view.html?type=tool&page=2

but i must warn you that the dm2 is designed as a toy and not for serious use and such has low performance

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 9:00 pm
I don't quite get the last bit about the weaker buttons.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I just want one thats used for just messing around. Quite a lot of buttons for Sound FX etc

The sound card that comes with the MK2, would it be a 5.1 sound card and woud it be PCI?

And as for the Midi tool, i'm affraid to say that i've purchased a illegal copy from eBay without knowing it. eBay have been informed and so have Atomix. So i can't download the tool (Which serves me right for buying software from eBay)

is there anyonter way i can get my DM2 to work?

Thanks
Dan

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 9:17 pm

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 9:26 pm
the buttons on the mp3 console tend to stick easily

the mk2 is a usb 5.1 soundcard

no you would need to buy pro

you are allowed to use one discount

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 9:26 pm
Thanks for the reply

**the mk2 is a usb 5.1 soundcard**

I thought it connects via USB? Just like my DM2?

***no you would need to buy pro
you are allowed to use one discount***

Well when i buy one of these consouls and i enter the serial number to buy a licenced version of VDJ Pro, how much discount would i get because i entered in one of these serialnumbers (Obv 1 serial code per user)

Thanks
Dan

PS. Sorry for sounding n00bish, but i want to make sure of everything before i purchase anything.

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 9:32 pm
I also notice that on Hercules website they say the dimension of the 2 decks are: 235x200x65mm

Is this the overall size (If so its very small) or the distance between the 2 decks?

I'm comparing the 2 pictures and i can't find any difference but at the end of the day your paying for the extras like sound card etc.

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 9:45 pm
it is a usb device yes

you can use one console at a time with your computer

unless you need two just get the one

or get two mk2s

the console is quite compact yes its designed for mobile users if you need somthing larger

look at the xponent or VCi100 with virtual dj pro :)

as to the dm2 dont base your decisions on purchasing on this as it wont be nearly as good as the mk2 or mp3 console
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
€40 discount for DJConsole MK2 / DJControl MP3 customers

Virtual DJ is available for you for only €199 (plus VAT) or $249.

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 9:52 pm
Sorry to bother you again, but what do you mean by this.

**you can use one console at a time with your computer

unless you need two just get the one

or get two mk2s **

Dosn't the MK2 have 2 'decks'??

Anyidea where i can get the xponent or VCi100 for a reasonable price?

Thanks
Dan

Mensajes Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 12:24 pm
you mentioned you wanted to buy two consoles

you can only use one mk2 console with your computer at one time

an mk2 has two jogs yes

where do you live?

Mensajes Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 1:30 pm
Yer.. I just want to get 1 consol. And yes i see they have 2 jogs.

I live in Bedford, United Kingdom

Mensajes Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 6:05 pm

Mensajes Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 7:18 pm
HI

I bought a Hurcles Control MP3 (Not MK2) for £60 (used only a few times from eBay). I'll see how this goes.

i was wondering, if i wanted to 'scratch' (I know the controler isn't the best for scratching) What sort of music would i need (Accapella?) or is there a special 'Scratching CD's' you can buy?

Thanks
Dan

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 10:40 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
NO dun buy from ebay...cos normally the user have already registered the djc edition that should come with the console.. n licensed not transferable.. n i dun koe if the home edition of vdj that u have will let u use that as controller.. Did the console came with the software?? if yes.. try register it at ur profile n make that herc icon appeared:).. if it already been registered sorry u can't have the updates n i guess u have to go back to the seller for refund..

The only way to bypass this is U buy the pro version..so that u can use that console.

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 10:45 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
spinnaJ wrote :
n i dun koe if the home edition of vdj that u have will let u use that as controller..

Correcting myself. I see u have the djmixstation3 from Ejay n that wont werk..sorry..

So how is it, have u registed ur djc edition ??? With that u can have the upgrade to pro:)

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 11:08 pm

Mensajes Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 9:52 am
Right. Arrived today and was in mint condition, with software and not a scracth on the deck. I noticed that the cross fader was easer to move across and didn't have any resistance. Where as the volume leverls have some resistance when you move them.

Is this part of Hurcles design or 'Damaged Item'?

Thanks
Dan

Mensajes Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 6:38 pm
it is quite easy to move

add your serial to your profile and grab 3.4.1 :)

Mensajes Thu 01 Nov 07 @ 10:36 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)