Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: This is driving me crazy (TVC/cd issues)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok, i thought i'd solved this issue, but it appears to still be a very annoying problem.

When using timecode vinyl or CD in smart or relative mode, the pitch on the skin is not matching up with the pitch on the deck.

I will give an example of how i load the tune and what happens.

I load my track onto the deck (auto pitch reset is enabled so it loads at 0 on the skin pitch slider)

I set the pitch on the deck to 0

I move through the timecode to find the first beat of the song.

The pitch on the skin jumps back to -2.

Why does it do this??????

It doesn't do it in Absolute mode, only in smart & relative mode.

I'm using Vista with Maya44usb & the compact 0.99 skin in 1440x900.

I have worked through my pitch sensitivity and found 710 replicates the skin movement to the vinyl accurately, i use 250 for CD timecodes.

This problem is extremely annoying!

Gary

Mensajes Sat 03 Nov 07 @ 2:55 pm
So does anyone know why this is happening?

Just to add more information, I'm using a fresh install of windows vista, & latest VDJ 5r5. Brand new TCV, new cartridges & stylus (Shure m44-7 T) Technics 1210mk2

I tried using a different skin last night (turntablist) and the problem was still there.

I have my Maya44 asio control set to rapid.

I have a constant 100% signal from beginning to end of the timecode.

So is everyone still stumped?

Mensajes Sun 04 Nov 07 @ 3:51 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
In smart and relative mode pitch is relative and the software only understand changes while timecode is playing.
I'll give you an example:
Let's say you play a song and timecode is set at +3% (tcv/cd pitch slider).
Now,
1. stop the timecode -> Software does remember the last pitch at +3% right ?
2. load another song -> [IF RESET ON LOAD IN OPTIONS] -> Pitch in skin resets

3. Play the timecode without touching pitch slider -> software will compensate the pitch offset [pitch slider:+3%] ~ pitch in skin will be 0%

But if you set slider at -1% and then press play, pitch difference from the last time is [+3] to [-1]=-4 -> pitch in skin will be -4%.
This is relative, it is normal.

Mensajes Sun 04 Nov 07 @ 7:12 pm
Thats a lot for me to get my brain around lol.

Ok, i think i understand what you are saying, but it doesn't exactly reflect my problem.

What if i said that whatever the pitch is on the last record i play, the skin pitch ALWAYS jumps back to -2%. There is never any variation on this, its always -2% regardless.

Secondly, it doesn't always do it. For the first 30 minutes or so of using the software, its all fine. Its as if in need of calibrating somehow.

Thirdly, it works ok with just one timecode plugged in, if i use 2 timecode decks the problem comes back.

@ apopsis - please let me know if there is any more information i can give you, as I'd really like to find out what the problem is. I can't see how smart or relative modes would be workable choices if they act like this. I hope what I've explained makes sense?

Gary

Mensajes Sun 04 Nov 07 @ 7:27 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)