Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Opinions about XP10's?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,

I have been thinking of buying two XP10's and now I saw they are on sale on EKS website (www.eks.fi). I'm a beginner DJ but I don't want to have toys even for start. I have tried some other decks but never been able to test XP10's. Can anyone tell me experiences of using XP10's?

Mensajes Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 12:08 pm
I have one...the wheel is fun, but the buttons are terrible...wayyy too stiff. The pitch adjustment slider is cheap as well: on mine, part of it is lose, while another part of it is very stiff. There might be cooler interfaces on the market now...

Mensajes Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 10:51 pm
What other type of decks have you used? Give us the names that way we can compare. From my experience, I would not go that route again knowing what I know now. I did own a pair, sold them after a month.

Mensajes Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 2:55 am
I would personally wait as there are some pretty cool controllers coming out that will probably make the XP10 look like a Fisher Price toy (no offense to owners of the XP10), I am personally waitin things out myself and have the Denon in mind.

Mensajes Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 10:44 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have nothing bad to say about xp-10s. I have 2 and used 'em for a year now. First impression is plastic and cheap though, but as a controller they work very well. Buttons are responsive and never miss any press. I had DAC-3 before and it became unresponsive with buttons. Also, XP-10 has VERY good mapper in VDJ. You can map buttons how ever you want. No probs with installing just plug in and they are ready to use.

Mensajes Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 2:05 pm
I used XP10's some time ago - The touch sensitive jogwheel is very good and the built-in sound card was convenient, but the overall construction is quite cheap and the buttons are stiff and prone to breaking if not treated carefully. There is no visual feedback (LED's) unlike many other alternative controllers available now. They are also quite expensive for what they are, considering other more advanced controllers that can be purchased for a similar price, e.g: Denon HC4500, Vestax VCI100, or if touch-sensitive jogwheels aren't important, Numark DMC-2.

Mensajes Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 5:50 pm
I have used Behringer BCD2000. It looks good but I think it is really a nice toy for home users. It looks like it depends on user - XP10 is really good or really bad and nothing between. Isn't there also a built-in soundcard in XP10? I would be pleased if someone could say is it worth to try? There seems to be some very happy users too...

Mensajes Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 10:57 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I concur with the majority. I owned them for about a year then upgraded... I've got a video on youtube under laser81 but I wouldnt say I'm enthusiast. There are better options on the market at the moment....

Mensajes Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 3:52 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)