Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: New Gig - New Setup - Old User

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi ! Well I have been ask to DJ again even though I have retired and had medical issues so I have to start again. Let me say that VDJ has been exposed to many people through my shows and impresses everyone. Since I last posted I have had another heart attack and last month found out that I had cancer and had surgery to remove a tumor. Been a medical nightmare and now after my 62nd birthday I am about to do another gig on the last moment. Nov 30th and will need some help again if you all can find time. Thank you in advance.

Let me begin by saying that I had a different laptop that just took a dump. My system was an external hard drive with my mp3 files and my laptop with Windows XP - I plugged in a Maya44 to my usb port and plugged my Maya44 into 4 channels of my mixer. This worked well.

So now I am downloading my software again since my old laptop is dead. I did salvage my internal hard drive from my old system that has the Windows XP operating system on the drive. I have the old drive in a USB external case. Since I am using a new operating system I assume that I would need to re-install the VDJ software and re-install the MAYA44 software, but am concerned that the software will no work on Vista Home Premium for either the Maya44 or VDJ. Hopefully if you know of any known issues please let me know. Since this is a fast upcoming gig I need to get this done quickly. Any idea if I can run off my external old laptop hard drive the program with the Maya44 settings?

I am running an Intel Core 2 Dual processor - 1 gig of ram - 160 gig hard drive - Windows Vista Home Premium - Toshiba Satellite A135-S4467

P.S. I will check out the posts to see if I can read about anything critical.

Mensajes Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 1:46 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry to hear about some of your health challenges. Many folks are using VDJ and Vista so I don't think you should have any problems. Check the Audiotrak site for Vista drivers for the Maya and you should be all set to go. If you do have problems post in the General forum and we'll all get you going. Good luck.

Mensajes Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 3:15 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
vdj runs fine on vista. just dbl check you can get maya drivers for vista first.

sorry to hear your problems mate, our thoughts are with you.

not to sound like an evangelist cuz everyone's got their own lifestyles, but i highly urge you to start getting into wheatgrass. buy yourself a good quality juicer (www.greenstar.com) and find yourself a local fresh wheatgrass supplier. my in-law has had gargantuan health problems and surgery after surgery. we've gotten him on wheatgrass and he went from somber and crabby to energetic and positive about life.

even if you cant get over the taste of a 1oz wheatgrass shot, u can use the juicer to put yourself into good health with fresh fruit and veg juice. no sense in giving up after getting kicked down, as i think youve already surmised... good luck m8

Mensajes Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 5:03 pm
Hi, good luck with your gig. I'm using vista home premium for my laptop. The only thing I would say is it would probably be a good idea to turn off the vista "sidebar", with the clock and all those slightly pointless gadgets on the desktop. It does take up quite a lot of the resources.

Mensajes Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 12:31 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I just want to wish you good luck and your up coming gig djkaraok. And I hope everything goes well for you. You should be fine running VDJ with vista.

And still spinn' at 62, Nice one mate.

Good luck and all the best for the future

Jimmy b

Mensajes Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 8:53 pm
also with vista ya need to set your self up as administrator or something like that so get it al to work right

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 4:44 pm
Thank you all for your encouragement. I am concerned that after looking at the web site for AudioTrak Maya44 external sound card that they have drivers that say Vista but reading some comments there seems to be a problem with 64 bit and I am not sure if that will affect me on my Vista Home Premium. What I did when I was active in DJ work was to hook my Maya44 to my laptop and then connect the two channels to my mixer and the sound was great from VDJ. I can run under XP mode in Vista but need to find someone that is using the Maya44 and VDJ with Vista Home Premium. If not I guess that I will have to find someone with a Laptop that has XP on it and install everything on that computer and have my show with that. Currently I don't have anyone in mind. lol I would like to find someone that knows if I have to find another computer or will it run fine under Vista with that external sound card.

Thanks again for your support. This might be my last gig so I really do not want to be embarrassed with a poor performance. If someone has a phone number that I can call to discuss this and has experience setting it up on my new laptop I will be glad to call if you have the time to help me.

P.S. I thought that I had it set in this forum to get email notifications if someone replied to my post but never received a notice. Am I not doing something right or does it mean that we do not get auto notifications?

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 9:36 pm
I've been using Atomix for years. Recently the music window on the left side of the screen does not show the previously played songs from my last gig. It had always done that. Wonder what I did or need to do to get this functioning correctly again. It seemes this happened to me a few years back and I was able to figure it out. My memory is not what it once was. Thanks for any help.

Mensajes Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 11:55 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
promoonly wrote :
I've been using Atomix for years.

Pls register ur serial. Thks

N this is on wat version? atomixmp3 or vdj?
N pls open new topic next time, do not threadjack this post...;)

@djkaraok.. good luck n njoy ur gig tomorrow;)

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 6:07 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Bump, there has to be someone with Vista and the Maya to help out DJ karoak. Anyone?

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 9:13 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@DJ Karoak, I know it's short notice but why don't you PM a Teamer, somebody like DJ Cyder, Cstoll or DJ in Norway, I'm sure they will help you. Find a post they have commented on and click on the envelope under there name for a PM

Jimmy b

Mensajes Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 11:03 am
Thanks I am posting the whole timeline of events with the results of the show and the equipment. See new post New Gig = More Gigs

Jerry

Mensajes Sat 01 Dec 07 @ 2:43 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)