Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: New Info Tab + "Starred" Tracks

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Well i'll start with the second thing i mentioned in the title.

"Starred" Tracks
Everyone has those moments: you're scrolling trough your music and you see a song you will play without a doubt, but not yet. You only have two options then:
1. add it in your sidelist
2. leave it and hope you think about it later
My proposal is to add a third option to that, similar to gmail's "starring" of mails. You just click a symbol in front of the track and when you select a folder all the "starred" songs will appear. This folder can contain way more tracks then the sidelist and still be easy to use. (Sidelist should stay though, for requests you can play soon)

New Info Tab
Well we have a "genre" tab. Why don't we introduce a "style" tab too. Genre contains Pop quite often, but the tracks are still totally different. Check discogs: every record contains the genre AND the style. This will allow a much more sofisticated sorting.
ALTERNATIVE: Allow several entries in the "genre" tab. This is supported by ID3 v2.3, but VDJ only reads the first genre of that list. My tracks often have several genres in their ID3tags, but it doesn't show up in VDJ.

Maybe the last thing (something smaller). To edit your files in VDJ, you have to right click on a track, select FILE INFO, edit stuff, click OK, go to the next track and back from square one. How about if you put 3 buttons in the FILE INFO window. "Previous" "Save" and "Next", so you can just click save and go to the next track. :)

Thanks for reading all!

VanStino

Mensajes Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 6:48 am
yo yo,

what up g?

so...

1. "Starred"
you can make a virtual folder called "Starred" and update it as often as you like.... and the list of tracks with in that folder will not dissapear when you exit vdj. :)

2. "Info Tab"
i really don't get this idea. it's like having more than one genre in the genre info... that makes no sense. although you can create a fiter folder...
filter: "genre = pop or genre = hiphop or genre = hip hop"

3. "tag edit"
prev, save, next, would all be nice. but incase you want to batch tag edit, you can use a tag editing software like tagscanner.

later

Los Angeles DJ Shahar www.djshahar.com

Mensajes Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 11:55 pm
djkz wrote :
2. "Info Tab"
i really don't get this idea. it's like having more than one genre in the genre info... that makes no sense. although you can create a fiter folder...
filter: "genre = pop or genre = hiphop or genre = hip hop"

Some songs can have several genres: a pop song can have disco influences. I would like to label that too.

Mensajes Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 9:01 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djkz wrote :
yo yo,

what up g?

What ?

Back on topic --

Ratings for songs - something that has been discussed since the release of v5 and tabled for 5.1 development.

Your second request can be accommodated using the genre field. You can enter multiple genres just separate them with a semi-colon. This is discussed in the manual.

Mensajes Tue 04 Dec 07 @ 11:00 pm
Regardin the genre genre thing, reminds me the comment who like classic music (mozart, chopin ,etc)

He would like ti have organized his music by composer and artist, for classical music this is more important, since there are many performers that play mozart's music for example, but what dj would play classical music in a gig? hahahaha,

What I would do is to add the information in the folder, so it can be searched.

Mensajes Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 12:49 am
cstoll wrote :
Your second request can be accommodated using the genre field. You can enter multiple genres just separate them with a semi-colon. This is discussed in the manual.

Yes, but that's kinda annoying as that does not get supported by other programs like that. Some songs will have "Pop;Rock" in their ID3tag, showing in VDJ as Genre Pop and Genre Rock. Other programs would give this song Genre Pop;Rock. ID3tags support adding several genres. Most programs (including VDJ) only read the first genre, i'd love it if VDJ would read the other genres too.

Mensajes Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 7:28 am
hey guys,

what we really need is full integration of the Itunes database and forget about VDJ database
don't you think ?
then we would have star rating and all the rest

Mensajes Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 9:12 am
and what about those of us who do not have itunes? like me

by the same token, i can say use the microsoft windows media player database.. but i dont' really care about windows media.

i care about vdj. and all of the user requested improvements added to the library of virtual dj.

in my opinion vdj has the best media library.

no it's not perfect.. but it's better than anything else out there.

:)

Mensajes Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 11:53 am
Yes , you have a point,
so here is another thing
there should be something like a universal library that any program could use
I know it's is not easy to do but that would be great

Mensajes Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 9:19 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)