Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Video Playback VOB MPEG2 Question

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've been messing about with video for a while and have decided that for the moment I think I'm going to keep all my videos in VOB format until I find a format
I'm truly happy works well on MAC and PC because I don't want to keep 2 files for each video.

I can't get VOBs to play under MAC OS but they work great under windows, before I buy it, can someone confirm if the only reason my VOBs won't play is
because I don't have the Apple MPEG plugin?

Ross.

Mensajes Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 12:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Howdy Ross

are you using v4 or 5?

There is a problem in the current beta of 5 which causes Vob files not to de-interlaced correctly so strange lines can come across the video playback this will be resolved in the next beta / final release of V5.

Mensajes Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 12:24 pm
I run 3.4 & 5.0 on my PC Rigs
and 5.0 beta 3 on my MackBook Pro.

That's handy information to know and thanks for the response.
However I'm not sure if that actually answers my question.
If I try load a VOB in VDJ Mac I get the message 'Error in the video driver' which leads me to think it's an MPEG decoding issue.
Should VDJ Mac be able to play VOB files without any additional plugins or is there something else I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Ross.

Mensajes Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 5:14 pm
Virtual DJ will play vob files just not perfectly at this point

can you confirm that you have .vob as an extension ?

options > codecs

it should be vob : internal video decoder

if you are getting error in video driver it sounds like a good idea to reinstall ,

drag the application and the preferences file to the trash and run the installer again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The preference File is located here :
yourcomputer/users/youname/libary/preferences

its called com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist

Mensajes Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 6:14 pm
SkyFXL,

Thanks for your help there. The settings were correct as you described. Followed your steps for re-install, all is good now
Thanks again, that'll keep me happy for a little while lol.

Ross.

If you wish you can just delete this topic (purely to keep the forum tidy) unless you think it'll be of assistance to other people.

Mensajes Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 9:46 pm
Glad to hear your up and running Ross , Please let me know if you have any quality problems with it :)

Mensajes Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 6:55 am
As you described there is a de-interlacing problem on Mac 5.0 beta 3 but I can see that the files are fine with Win 5.0

I will probably keep all the VOB backed up in the house and possibly look to converting them to MPEG1 for playback use as I have single videos which are taking up around a gigabyte.
Any other suggestions for a format that is full Mac/Win VDJ compliant without any additional plugins but retains a simmilar quality to the original VOB.
This may sound silly, but I'm guessing VOB uses less processing power as it's raw or am I getting this wrong. Video codecs is not my are of expertise I'm afraid.

Ross.

Mensajes Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 9:34 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Ross,

check out visual hub's mp4 high quality. Looks great at around 50mb per video.

Mensajes Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 11:00 pm
I downloaded it about a week before Christmas but didn't seem to have too much success with it, if I remember it couldn't load VOB.

If you own it perhaps you can confirm for me, can it do a direct conversion from VOB to mp4.
Also that's fine on my Mac, how do you find mp4 performance under windows, if you have used that. I'm on MAC OS as I type this so can't see windows codecs, I'm sure it does, but I'll just check. Win VDJ has built in support for mp4, correct?
You may have read above I like to have to install as little as possible on my gig machines and keep them clean.

Basically I'm looking for a reliable cross-platform format as at present my gig machines are all Windows based, bought my MBP with the intention of switching but you know the story there.

Also anyonecan chime in here.
I've been using Mac The Ripper 2.6.6 to extract my VOBs but each chapter has to be done individually, which means I have to supervise it. Does anyone know if V3 R14 can rip multiple chapter to individual VOBs. If so, does anyone have a copy? Everytime I register on their forum to download the beta, it never sends the activation link.
Other software suggestions are welcome too.

Ross.

Mensajes Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 8:05 am
i've been struggling with this too as VDJ has been very reliable on my macbookpro & i want to gig with it, but don't want to convert hundreds of VOBs while i wait for the new beta. i like visual hub too, but found that MPEG Streamclip does a cleaner job. you still have to extract VOB's (i also use mac the ripper), but you can convert to MPEG-1, MPEG-2 or i've been using .mov, which seems to work well with VDJ. i'm most concerned about interlacing & sound & you can convert uncompressed sound & de-interlace in the options for MPEG streamclip. hope thats helpful!
with all that said, i'm still planning on picking up a copy of XP this weekend & bootcamp-ing it for now so my videos look best in VOB format...

Mensajes Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 12:12 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)