Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Pitch jump with TCV

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Happy new year !
The System:
HP Pavilion dv5000t laptop - Intel core duo T2250 1.73 ghz, 4 GB RAM, nVidia go7400, WinXP Pro SP2 (fresh copy), 2x Numark TTs with 2x Virtual DJ Vinyls Version3, Hercules MK2 as a sound device and Midi controler, with ot without external mixer Virtual DJ Trial. That's all.

The problem (the major one):
PITCH Jumping with TCV. When I setup them it says 100% quality but from time to time the quality going down for a moment (less than 1/2 sec) which makes a anoying pitch/tempo jumping.I can see how the TC bars on the skin going down and hear the sound change. Nobody can play with this WoW "effect" (diseffect). When I play video files (just for test, don't do it ussually) the WoW "effect" sounds bigger, more noticeable. This happen in diferent time interval. It could happen twice in a minute or once in a song. But it happens all the time. I'm trying everything - performace slider, latency, drivers, and absolutley all the options in Vinyls setup window - no result, no change. Also I swap the turntables, needles - no diference. I have read all the topics in this forum and I found a lot of guys with the same problem. For some of them the different options work, but not for me. The Vinyls are new, the needles are new AND today I'm trying Deckadance and no problems with it for 3 hours test.

Suggestion: I have shared IRQs - my video card share one with USB hub device. But I couldn't find a solution for this in this forum.

Conclusion:
This is the most expencive dj's software on the market I think and the most unstable full with problems. However I like it! And I want to buy it, but first I need to see it working fine.
Can anybody help me?

Mensajes Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 3:03 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 9:02 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
can irq sharing be the problem? if the sound device is working, i dont see how this could be related, but just a guess.

can you describe the amount by which the pitch jumps? my tcvs do the same, but fluctuate up and down by .1, .2 bpm. truthfully this doesnt bother me much because real vinyl often does the same thing.

one thing i have noticed for sure is that if you have some unclean power which affects the signal from turntable to your soundcard, the coloring of sound will affect the performance of the tcvs. one major demonstration of this is to remove the ground from the turntable and observe how the tcm control goes absolutely mental.

i also have some power coloring issues in my house which I've thrown horrendously expensive gear at like a furman conditioner and it's done absolutely nothing to solve the problem.

in the end i had to attribute it to the power in my building because when i go elsewhere the problem ceases to exist, conditioner or no conditioner

Mensajes Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 10:03 pm
Ok, there is some misunderstanding. When I say "pitch jump" I mean that the sound is changing like I do PITCH BEND for a moment (slow down). The BPM Counter doesn't jump. Only the bars for TCV quality on the skin and then this "WoW" (pitch bend) effect.
And I already read all the guides and topics in all the forum ! (seriosly, 4th day I'm doing tests 18 hours per day).

Aslo I found how to understand which USB Plug correspond to which USB Hub. So now I'm using USB that don't share IRQ!

Mensajes Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 6:22 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)