Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Upgrading MK2 setup

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello all! Was away for quite a while ,but had followed the forums now and then. Well anyway i would like to thank the VDJ team for supporting me when i needed it,as I was almost not allowed to play in a War of DJ's event as i used VDJ and hercules.They didnt want a laptop dj!! God knows why?! Anyway coming to the point. At present i own a hercules mk2 and i do play in major shows and parties.But i feel i need to upgrade or add up my gig by using a single tabletop cd player (with platter) or a dual cd player, I would be more happy to get one that has a USB interface and one that can connect with either hercules or vdj. Not sure but is Numark iCDX suitable for this!? Or if not please give me information on this. Thank you

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 4:17 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The icdx can play cds and control VDJ directly via midi

if you want the feel of a cd player and mixer but computer control have you looked at www.enterthesystem.com

tabletop cd style midi controlers with motorised platters.

Or you could use the new pioner cd players with the built in midi aslo.

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 6:54 am
thats the *hit!!!!

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 6:59 am
seems vdj is not "supported".... c'mon..they went with deckadance?????

and i guess i'll have to get a new computer around the scs as i dont have a firewire port....dammit...

but *drool*

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 7:02 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It is midi so it can be mapped easily enough and hopefuly it can be mapped natively at some point.

Native support is mostly about ease of setup but if one user maps it and shares their midi map for pro users its just as easy :)

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 7:04 am
yeh i know, but still...deckdance?? mixvibes????

oh and sky, what about my dn4000 player problem with the tccds??

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 7:07 am
I sure would like to have one of those setups (or something similar), but I conjecture that it will be substantially more expensive than the "DJ Lab" series, so it's probably outside the current budget :(

~need more gigs!

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 10:48 am
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you can get a pcmcia to firewire adapter
any clue about the price?

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 4:07 pm
Thanks for all your responses and references. Well the stanton sc seems great, but so does the price tag! It'd take a while for a guy like me to buy somethin like that. But i have my eye on numark iCDX. Can it control vdj and does it have a proper mapper, and a good latency? And can it be used in association with my mk2?

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 08 @ 11:59 pm
The iCDX s natively supported in VDJ (look under remote control tab), but I'm not familiar with the latency - I've never used one. I can think of no reason why you would not be able to use your MK2 as a soundcard...Many folks with TCV, for example, do just that.

Mensajes Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 11:36 am
chico28Home userMember since 2008
hi man

Mensajes Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 9:27 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)