Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Distorted audio in Rev 6

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

finnhuCUE userMember since 2007
Hi,

I just upgraded to rev 6 and since that all my music sounds distorted when i play it.
The last revision did not have this at all, and sounds like the music has to much bass in it while playing.

The setup i have been using is the standard setup from VV and that has always been working nice.

Running on Numark Virtual vinyl box
HP DV6000 laptop
Dual 1.6ghz AMD X2 Prosessor
2Gb Ram
Ext. firewire harddrive
Running on XP SP2

All seemed good until i upgraded to rev 6.

Any feedback would be apreciated

Thanks in advance

Finn

Mensajes Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 7:43 am
oO...

try all possibilytis... Latency! Quality Settings... Timecode Setup... CPU load... so many things... A new revision is a new one... anything must changed i think...

Avaco

Mensajes Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 1:33 pm
hI THERE I got the same problem ... worked good until rev6.0 ...

Mensajes Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 9:06 am
djianlPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi
I have also noticed the same problem but I wasn't sure if it was just me imagining it - all I did was drop the master volume on my version of Cue to 50% and the turn the output of the Maya up to 100%, sounds great again.

The only bad thing is that I have to do this EVERY time I open the software as there is no way to save the master volume

Mensajes Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 10:27 am
This sounds like a gain issue. Try this test and see if it works. Go to config, set Auto Gain to DISABLED and play the tracks that sounded the worst to see if they sound better.

I used to have Auto Gain set to ALWAYS 0DB, but I noticed that some of my tracks were gain-heavy in v5r6, so I made this change, and it's worked so far ;)

BTW, you may have to pay closer attention to your gains when previewing and bump them up a bit on the lower ones.

Mensajes Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 11:55 am
I always run mine at -3.0 and use ALWAYS MATCH.

Mensajes Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 1:58 pm
discobrian24 wrote :

I haven't thought of that particular workaround...Good idea! How does this work out for you level-wise, Brian? I'd prefer it if I could "set and forget" you know?

Thx
Doc

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 1:29 am
better: Use MP3Gain for your music... then all tracks have the same level!
I use it with further operation "Maximize to 0 dB" and its pretty!!

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 11:28 am
Well, maybe doing theese things will make things better
but it is not good to always have to do make changes on each REV that comes out.

Don't the programmers test the software before they release?

All of my music is tunedto 0db MP3Gain

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 12:41 pm
I think they do it many tests before!

i don't have the problems, only if i try gain to same level, then i had terrible sound, by only 0 dB its pretty.

have you try to re-analyze some tracks?

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 1:17 pm
Everything was working fine with the Rev 5,
why should i reanalyze them, or should i do this everythime i upgrade
to a new revision?

I think the programmers should pay more attention to making the software flawless
insted of adding more and more features just like Serato, i have had the SL-1 serato box and
it newer crashed and every revision was firmly tested.

Only bought VV because of the video..

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 1:28 pm
finnhu wrote :
Don't the programmers test the software before they release?

Let's be fair...Not only do the developers perform initial pre-release testing (it would be irresponsible not to), but there are also many beta testers in the community - running the software vigorously to discover various issues - all striving for stable, reliable performance in myriad environments and configurations. It is impossible, however, to reproduce the exact conditions of millions of users in testing, and narrowminded to think that a test of this magnitude could be undertaken successfully. That is why we all come together here to discuss our particular issues and anomalies in order to try and help each other work them out as a community.

Therefore, although your frustration is understable and I empathize with you, your comments could reasonably be construed as an attack on the hardworking folks who go the distance every day in their efforts to keep us all happy with our product. Just imagine, for a moment, the logistics of maintaining a support structure for a customer base as large as that which we comprise. Moreover, imagine how unhappy you'd be if the statement implicit in your question were true.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 1:36 pm
I understand all of this, but it seems very strange that for every new upgrade there
is more problems to handle, i know there are some pretty good geniuses that make the software
and they need a good clap on the shoulder, they really do.

but yes i tend to get a little frustrated when i upgrade one revision an suddenly the audio
is no good, somethimes i get sounds like someone is opening a pack of crackers, and this has nothing to do
with my MP3's as i have a backupdrive with me at all times and it is the same with them.

So upgrading shouldfix things right?, not make things that work not work.

Do not missunderstand, the programmers does a good job, really..

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 1:45 pm
finnhu wrote :
I understand all of this, but it seems very strange that for every new upgrade there
is more problems to handle, i know there are some pretty good geniuses that make the software
and they need a good clap on the shoulder, they really do.

but yes i tend to get a little frustrated when i upgrade one revision an suddenly the audio
is no good, somethimes i get sounds like someone is opening a pack of crackers, and this has nothing to do
with my MP3's as i have a backupdrive with me at all times and it is the same with them.

So upgrading shouldfix things right?, not make things that work not work.

Do not missunderstand, the programmers does a good job, really..

Ok I have always used the -3 on the gain since 3.4 but thats just me I like the way it sounds.

On the testing issue, please be aware that mostly every UPDATE of the software is usually fixes for some issues users have. Dont think that issues posted here fall on deaf ears as they dont. Teamers and Corp do see all the comments and suggestions from users.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 3:12 pm
discjockeydoc wrote :
discobrian24 wrote :

I haven't thought of that particular workaround...Good idea! How does this work out for you level-wise, Brian? I'd prefer it if I could "set and forget" you know?

Thx
Doc

Level wise it is a little lower, but IMHO sounds better to me. As far as making it somethin that happens everytime u open vdj the only thing you can do is set to ALWAYS MATCH, then load a song, change to -WHATEVER (I use anywhere from -2 to -3) then every song loaded after will be the same.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 3:14 pm
I'll give it whirl and see how I like it, then...Thanks :D

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 4:25 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)