Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Mulitple Midi Devices

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

chibieCUE userMember since 2007
Is It possible to configure multiple midi devices under the general midi tab of the remote config in either 4.3 or 5v6? I would like to run my video and effects on a separtate controller if possible. Thanks!

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 3:07 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
never tried it, but in theory it may sound ok. however there is one consideration. daisy chained midi devices have a midi thru (in, out, thru). the problem is that the configuration of this is one controller to many devices. in your question you pose a setup which is many controllers to one device which is opposite and prevents the thru option for perhaps working. the purpose of the thru was that one branch of signals from the signal controller (your sequencer or computer) would goto IN of device one and that same singal trunk would go unchanged out from THRU to the next device. it doesnt work that way doing the reverse I think. linking devices from in to out and in to out means the device in between will likely inhibit the signal from the furtherst device.

my guess is this wont work, but unless someone tried it out, cant know for sure.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 8:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)