Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Mk2 & 5.1 Surround Sound

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi

I've purchased my self a Hercules MK2 and got rid of the Hercules MP3. Now i can cue songs etc.

Recently my speakers have been out of action so been listening to music though the head phones. Today i got replacement speakers. Philips MMS460 5.1 Surround Sound. Wired up all my speakers and pluged in the jacks to the sound card of mine. Went to VD and set the configeration to Headphones and Speakers and nothing is comming out of the speakers. I've checked there all wired correctly 3 times now and i know they do work because i've disconnected the MK2 and played through WMP.

Could anyone help me out? Thanks Dan.

Mensajes Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 12:51 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Add your mk2 console serial to your profile so you can get the latest update for this version and it will work alot better.

or if you are using the pro demo

inputs : none
outputs : headphones
Card : mk2
main 1/2 headphones 3/4

Mensajes Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 1:42 pm
If these are digital speakers, I don't think they work with the MK2. The output from it is analog.

Mensajes Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 2:24 pm
Hi

in the reviews, they say "The powerful wooden sub-woofer and five satellite speakers let you bring Dolby Digital and EAX surround sound to your music, games, films and Internet on a PC or laptop. Faithfully..."

I have had the settings to what you original said (Inputs: none etc)

I really dont know what to do and this is starting to annoy me.

P.s. - I'm using a demo version

Thanks
Dan

Mensajes Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 5:15 pm
Right.... managed to get sound comming out of ALL the speaers, but no soud comming from the Head Phones.

The head phones are set to max and the settings are as follows

:: Speakers -> connected to sound card (SB Live 24Bit)
:: MK2 -> Connected via USB
:: Settings -

Inputs: None
Outputs: SINGLE OUTPUTS
Sound cards: Sample
Soundcards: Primary Driver (SB Live! 24Bit)

I cant get the head phones to ork and if i do i'll have to change the settings to outputs: HEADPHONES then i wont hear an sound from my speakers.

This is REALLY annoying and any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Dan

Mensajes Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 6:54 pm
JOB DONE

AFTER 3 HOURS OF CONSTENT MUCKING ABOUT, UNPLUGING AND REPLUGING AND CHANGING FORMATTS ETC I'VE FOUND THE CONFIGERATION...

INPUTS - NONE
OUTPUTS - HEADPHONES
SOUNDCARDS - 2

SOUND CARD - HERCULES DJ CONSOLE MK2
SECOND CARD - SB LIVE! 24-BIT

OUTPUT CHANNELS - MASTER: SECOND CARD/ HEADPHONES: FIRST CARD

I'm sorry about the caps, but i'm so pleased that its taken over 3 hours for me to figure something out my self and learnt new stuff on the way. I've got 160Watt speakers, more then loud enough for me to muck around on. I've got some big DJ speakers in the loft from uncle so hopefully in years to come, practice different mixing i can become a part time DJ.

Thanks for all those that helped
Dan

Mensajes Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 7:04 pm
Congrats! It's nice when things come together.

Mensajes Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 1:02 pm
Glad to hear you worked it out :)

Mensajes Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 2:01 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)