Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: BPM Issues

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,

I use VDJ Pro and have the latest version, I was wondering - when scanning it seems to take ages to scan songs, so much so that I have left my laptop switched on at home scanning the entire contents of my MP3 collection. My estimate is that it will take at least two days to scan 25GB of MP3's
Is there any plans to speed this up in future?? Also I am unsure of the difference between scanning "Other" or scanning "House/Techno"?? Any ideas???

Many thanks,

Phil

Mensajes Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 7:57 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Seems an excessive time for 25Gb.

How many tracks does your lagest folder have?

Mensajes Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 12:45 pm
Ooops - my bad!! I have 90Gb of data and a tad under 17,000 mp3's

Sorry :o)

Mensajes Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 12:54 pm
Yeah It is gonna take a long time to analyze all those files, just start the analyze before you go to bed and leave it overnight.
Make a filter folder for your unscanned music
Name: Whatever you want it to say
Filter: Isscanned=0

Mensajes Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 3:48 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
Make a filter folder for your unscanned music
Name: Whatever you want it to say
Filter: Isscanned=0

I did this, and I find it very handy when adding new tracks. It's a great feature ;)

Mensajes Wed 13 Feb 08 @ 12:12 am
90 gb 17,000 files

How good is the soung quality of your songs ?

Mensajes Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 10:38 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Must be 192Kb on average

Mensajes Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 5:25 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It's not just scanning for BPM, also Gain level which means it must scan entire track to find highest peak level so that automatic Gain level can work well. I suggest use Techno/House, than If you see that track doesn't have star next to BPM (*) it means that is inaccurate calculated BPM (might be problem with automixing), then use Any Music option on those tracks.

Mensajes Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 6:03 am
i use ear phones and did a test with the same song which i ripped in wav and the same song converted to 320 in mp3 and quess what,The wav was far superior. So i am talking sound quality not bitrate which is obvious he use 192. With today's hard drive space versus price, there is no excuse to use low bitrate.I am not telling people what to do but if your gonna dj properly than you need top quality sound.

Mensajes Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 8:18 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)