Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: White Noise sound crash after several hours

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Please can someone help, I’m sure Skyfxl, Norway and Cstroll have helped in the past with this issue. I have the problem where after several hours (sometimes less) both sound outputs crash with extremely loud white noise. I have spent a lot of time reading threads on the matter but still can’t get to the bottom of it. I have had the problem for a while, but have made do by restarting my machine half way through the gig. .

My System specs are:

Sony Vai Laptop
1.8Ghz Dual Core
2Gb Ram
128Mb NVIDIA Gfx

2 x XP10 controller/soundcards (latest drivers from EKS)

I am Running Vista (up-to-date) clean O.S, optimised for maximum power in control panel, power saving (USB) unchecked in device manager, latest Sony bios and VDJ Ver 5.06. I also never had a cracked copy installed on this machine.

My performance settings in VDJ are, slider far left, auto latency, safe mode and over clock both checked. I have found these to be by far the best settings for general running. If I uncheck safe mode VDJ is not stable when running. I do however feel the problem is relating to the USB controller/sound card but I have yet to prove it. Also as a matter of interest, can the speed switch program be used with Vista?

Mensajes Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 8:57 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi there there have been reported issues with the xp10 sound cards after a period of time the sound quality can reduce or white noise is generated Ekis are currently looking into the issue. Have you experimented with Asio 4 all at all or an external sound card (not the xp10s) does this improve the quality?

Mensajes Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 2:45 pm
Its funny you should say that, as l have issues with sound quality decreasing also, I have never thought It be an issue relating to the xp10 harware though. Have EKS given any indication as to when this issue could be fixed? I am a big fan of the controller and think they controler part especially is brilliant in conjunction with VDJ.

I have no experience using the ASIO 4 all driver, (I know its available for download from the tools section) I am happy to give it a try, I was under the impression it was mainly for timecode use. Is the controller part of the XP 10 likely to control in the same way?

Mensajes Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 12:38 am
To follow up on my last post, I installed the ASIO 4 ALL driver and configured it with the xp10s. All was sweet for the first 30 mins or so, then a subtle cracking sound resulted and both decks then played very bad quality audio (it was very scratchy and over modulating). Again, I cannot understand this as It all starts off very well???

Can someone, perhaps an XP10 user, please give me an idea as to how the XP10's should be set up through ASIO (adustments within the properties section, check boxes & samplerates etc...) then I can check the settings are correct.

Also could this problem with the sound crash & quality be linked with vista? I have contacted EKS but havent herd anything back from them either!

Please feel free to post your comments!

Mensajes Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 3:32 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)