Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: 16:9 video screen with 4:3 video fitting inside it - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
what type of video card do you have?

and yes the 1024 will allow you to re-size any of its inputs to what ever you want.

upload the photo to a host and use the

[ img ] url [ /img ]

without the spaces around the brackets.

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 6:37 pm
3 machines.
quad core with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS PCIe x16 Video Card
ati 1800 on hp pc
ati x300 on laptop ( no widescreen)

is there no software to convert these videos ? what about tmpeg express ?

do the hardware devices, scan converters, allow me to create a permanent file off line, to then use the new file without the converter ?

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 6:41 pm
Scan converter do nothing to the files it only does the resizing to the output, so no matter what you put into the scan converter the output will be the same, the nice thing about the sony is it allows you to do this on 3 inputs (untill you unplug it) and switch between them. Give me a few minutes to check on the underscanning on the 8800 and 1800. the input content makes no differnce because all of this is happening outside of vdj anyway.

Seems like a lot of work to re-encode the video, not that it would have much bearing on the final result if you video card just scales them up in the end.

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 6:45 pm
i'm primarily bidding on a new club so can go with different hardware / video cards etc. i prefer ati
surely there is some software to physically shrink the 4:3 files, permanently, so they have black stripes both top, bottom, left, right on the final presentation, then overshoot the screen so only the left right stripes show on the 16:9 physical screen.

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 7:04 pm

Try all of the "red" ones and see if one doesn't work for ya.

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 7:10 pm
thanks, i'll try it . it seems to me that 4:3 on video card and 4:3 on projector will give me same old result........4:3 image is higher than the corresponding 16:9 image. i'm learning here.........

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 7:26 pm
can you give me an idea of how much higher it is? does the video card have and adjustment where you could shift the picture?

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 8:10 pm
Higher: if the 4:3 image is say 16" wide by 12" high, then the 16:9 image is 16" wide by 9"high, therefore, the 4:3 in this case is bigger by 3" represented by 2 black stripes each 1.5". My goal is to shrink the entire 4:3 content down to 12" by 9".......a proportunal shrink. seems software could do this /
I'll check the video card options later tonight

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 9:14 pm

Mensajes Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 12:06 am
DONE IT........I bought tmpgenc 4 express, I'd heard it was cool. essentially I 'resized' the 4:3 video and now it plays nicely in the middle of the VDJ video player in the middle of the mixer, with black stripes top, bottom, left , right. software is easy and configurable to get EXACT size required. I can use this to tidy up other videos. the software also allows synch of sound and video and lots of other clean up filters. worth $100

Mensajes Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 2:53 am
so you goal was to play normal aspect videos on your wide screen displays without 'stretching' the picture sideways. right?

what do you get if you play a wide screen video in letterbox format (black bars top n bottom) on your widescreen displays?

surely you would need to find all your videos in widescreen 'anamorphic' format ???

for me, i use the 'screen resizer' plugin, and i make a couple of adjustments to the X and Y sliders to best fit the picture (with minimal blackness)

its worst though, if your venue has a mixture of widescreens and standard screens!! you cant have the image correct on BOTH formats at the same time! (can you??)

Mensajes Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 8:34 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
so you goal was to play normal aspect videos on your wide screen displays without 'stretching' the picture sideways. right?

what do you get if you play a wide screen video in letterbox format (black bars top n bottom) on your widescreen displays?

surely you would need to find all your videos in widescreen 'anamorphic' format ???

for me, i use the 'screen resizer' plugin, and i make a couple of adjustments to the X and Y sliders to best fit the picture (with minimal blackness)

its worst though, if your venue has a mixture of widescreens and standard screens!! you cant have the image correct on BOTH formats at the same time! (can you??)

where do I get screen resizer plug in ?
I'm using TMPEG tool for similar process
I THINK this is the situation.....
1/ if pc video card is set to widescreen and projector or TV is NATIVE widescreen then widescreen content plays normal and 4:3 content fits inside, pillar box bars ( on side)
2/ if pc = 4:3 and projector = 4:3 then 4:3 content is normal and widescreen content fits inside, bars top and bottom
3/ if pc is widescreen and projector is 4:3 then 4:3 content is normal and widescreen content fits inside, bars top and bottom
4/ if pc is 4:3 and projector / tv is widescreen then im not 100% sure but think 4:3 content is pillar boxed and widescreen content is letterboxed......but need to test this combo

Mensajes Tue 11 Mar 08 @ 12:31 pm
I find that my PC output is 4:3 always.

in order to have my video show properly on a widescreen TV is to make the picture 'anamorphic' this is where the picture is widescreen on 4:3 but without the black bar top and bottom. so the image looks verticaly streched.

some videos on PromoOnly Chart Series are already in anamorphic aspect, but they dont label which are which, though.

i use the comment field to make a note of the video aspect, then use screen resizer to correct the image.

screen resizer can be found in virtual dj website in downloads and is available to Professional users and above.

where screen resizer is handy for correcting the image, it would be better if it had a couple of presets, or if the option was integrated into virtual dj, we could assign specific screen settings to indiviual songs..

Mensajes Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 9:23 am
This is the one thing that has driving me nuts about about VDJ since switching to a widescreen display. Nothing ever looks right. 4:3 is streched to full screen. 16:9 or widescreen is scretched horizontally but not vertically. It would be nice to have VDJ scan the files to find correct aspect ratio or at the very least let us put it in manually. Then tell VDJ if you are using a 4:3 TV or a 16:9 and then it would display properly.

Mensajes Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 3:37 pm
About 3 or 4 years ago, someone asked me to put aspect ratio adjustment into TellyMedia so I went ahead and did that. Since then there has been no further discussion on it with me. At any rate, you can try to see if it does what you want. You can adjust TM's video to 4:3, 5:4, 16:9, 16:10, 25:16, or no adjustment (found in options tab). You can also resize or move it around by dragging or stretching a rectangle. Lately I have been looking at other treatments for this and would like to hear your opinion on if TM does what you want or not as far as aspect ratio adjustment goes.

Mensajes Thu 26 May 16 @ 9:03 pm
Not meant to be disrespectfull, but this is an 8 years old thread!
Please start a new topic!

Topic locked!

Mensajes Thu 26 May 16 @ 10:33 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)