Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Automix

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

When I have my computer hooked to the VV box and inputs set to none I can Automix smoothly between each deck. When I right click, the fader moves smoothly across from one deck to the next. When I don't have my computer hooked to the VV box I cannot Automix smoothly between each deck. When I right click, the fader slams from one deck to the next. I tried changing the Auto-Cross length in the Options tab and that didn't help. In fact, after changing the setting, and going back into Options, the Auto-Cross length is back to where it was the first time (all the way to the left). Is there a way to Automix smoothly between decks when the VV box isn't connected?

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 1:35 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Are you using an external mixer with your vv box?

If so have you perhaps dissabled the crossfader try setting it to full or smooth.

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 5:44 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think that this was a reported bug at some point - the auto cross fade doesn't stay set to what you put it at....and I can confirm, that is what is happening to me with the latest Mac version.

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 6:30 am
When using the VV box I am connected to my Rane mixing board and the fades/mixes between decks was smooth. When I was not connected to the VV box the fader would slam back and forth between decks. I tried all the fader options Smooth, Scratch, Full and Cut and the results were the same every time and I tried to adjust the Auto-cross length and that didn't effect anything.

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 10:06 am
Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Is this a confirmed bug that needs to be fixed? Thanks!!

Mensajes Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 4:29 pm
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I was having so much trouble getting the automix to work like is SHOULD work that I just went and purchased an upgrade to my megaseg that I had originally purchased 8 years ago. Pretty good deal at $79 for the upgrade. I never actually used the program because I was mostly a club DJ - and TRAKTOR worked awesome for that. Getting back into the mobile thing I have really wanted a great software program that automixes, just with fades and such for cocktail and dinner. Megaseg is awesome for this if you have a mac.

I think that VDJ will be a great addition to my software collection once the final version for Mac comes out. I just need to get a skin that works on my macbook pro in full screen, and that will make things better right there. There are definitely perks to VDJ over Traktor, they are different programs overall, so of course. I love the sound effects/sampler bank - it's awesome to have. Love some of the effects to that you can have at the push of a button - like spin back, awesome stuff. I also look forward to doing some stuff with videos.....

Anyway - I know that the full purchase price of Megaseg is alot - like $250 I think, but it may be a worthwhile investment for folks that are in the same position as me. I can tell that I will be using Megaseg for a long time for my cocktail and dinner playlists. I will soon have 2 macbook pro's - so I will use Megaseg on one of them, and then VDJ or Traktor on the other....

It would be nice if someone could comment more on the automix deal....but perhaps we will get more information soon - when the final version comes out!

Mensajes Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 9:05 am
sound: are you using the lastest version of vdj...doesn't sound like it if you are getting 2 decks for automix.

Mensajes Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 10:20 am
I am using 5.0.7. The automix functions fine when using the same deck. However, when the soundcard is connected, and you have a song on each deck, when you right click on automix, the automix function fades smoothly between each deck. When the soundcard is disconnected, and you have a song on each deck, the fader slams from one deck to the next when right clicking automix.

Mensajes Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 3:57 pm
Alright call my crazy. I just went out and plugged my computer into the soundcard and now it doesn't fade smoothly. I don't know what was happening or how the software was setup. I have played with settings trying to duplicate while unplugged from soundcard, so I have no way of duplicating the software setup. Thanks for putting up with my questions, from what I can tell is sounds like it was a fluke thing.

Mensajes Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 4:56 pm
unless i'm missing something, latest version doesn't allow for 2 deck automix...it is all on one deck...how r u doing that?

Mensajes Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 1:37 pm
...ya, mine automixes on one deck too (I prefer it that way). I prefer the automix without the crossfader in the equation anyways, much more simple that way. Besides, I only use the automix when I have to take a piss, I would never use it while actually "spinning".

Mensajes Wed 05 Mar 08 @ 3:28 pm
I use automix at the start of the evening since it's quite slow...i would like to see the return of the 2 deck automix so i can see what's at the beginning of the next song.

Mensajes Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 12:42 pm
I agree with djwizard1. Why not make it a selectable option that can be chosen in the configuration menu.

Mensajes Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 10:22 pm
gracias dj eres el mejor

Mensajes Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 7:16 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)