Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: m1730 XPS

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djpawPRO InfinityMember since 2006
im posting this one more time, the first time it was in the general forum, maybe here i can get some help...

SPECS:

Dell XPS M1730
Mobile Intel Centrino Core Duo Processor 2.4GHz, 4MB, 800 FSB Merom
2GB, DDR2, 667MHz 2 Dimm for XPS M1730
17 UltraSharp TrueLife Wide screen WUXGA for XPS M1730
NVIDIA SLI Dual GeForce 8700MGT with 512MB GDDR3 Memory
200G 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive Free Fall Sensor
Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy
AGEIA PhysX Physics Accelerator

The thing runs great with all video transitions and all, but there are 2 things that need to be resolved:
1- When video is playing on one Deck and I load a video on the second deck the video that is playing on the screens stops for maybe a second or less.
2- I’m using the Serato interface and when turn on key lock the sound changes, I played around with the settings and cant figure it out, does the quality of the Mp3 or the audio from the videos have to do with it?

I’m running windows Vista Home premium 32 bit… should I switch to XP?
i dont know if its the IRQ's, does enyone have a link where i can learn about changing IRQ's on vista?

I would really appreciate you help, thanks…

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 08 @ 5:54 pm
Answer question 1:

I think you should stick with Vista since it has a better sound and video API + I think you're cpu is not compatible with XP (not 100% sure on this one though..) There has been a lot of debate regarding some issues experienced by VDJ users (and gamers around the world) using the nVIDIA 8xxx-series graphics cards. It seems that DirectX10 and those graphics cards don't work well at this moment, but I'm sure the issue will be solved in the near future, since there are so many people who are affected by it. In the meen time, try to disable hardware acceleration when playing videos - this has proved to be succesful for other users, but you will then not be able to use video effects, it seems..

There are other threads on the forums here that have mentioned this issue, and this seems to be the fact at this moment.

Good luck

Mensajes Thu 28 Feb 08 @ 12:09 pm
>1- When video is playing on one Deck and I load a video on the second deck the video that is playing on the screens stops for maybe a second or less.

I have same system and I have same problem.
That maybe SLI problem and you can't solve this problem now.
But you can avoid this problem by this way.

1. go to GPU setting and enable SLI
2. reboot machine
3. go to GPU setting again and disable SLI
4. run Virtual DJ

By this way,there're no problems on my enviroment(but need machine reboot everytime!)
I hope this problem fixed by new driver or other..

Mensajes Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 1:07 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i have dual sli with nvidia (although they are 7950gtx). there seems to be alot of info about nvidia problems with vdj video. but i dont use video so i ignore it. do some more checking around. ive mucked about with video just for kicks and have the same problems. again, im not concerned as i dont intend to ever use vdj for video. if i would do that, i would use much better software like archaos, resolume or even better, move to mac which has much better software available.

btw, your cpu is compatible with xp, no doubt about that. secondly, you cannot use multiple desktop for the intention of using an s-video out when SLI is enabled. the purpose of SLI is to put both cards behind rendering of 1 desktop for gaming.

Mensajes Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 3:13 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)