Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: maya 44 too loud?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Ok so before I began to use my serato, i decided to test out virtual dj in a nite club setting for about 10 mins...why does the output on my maya 44 come out too loud? i had all of my gains set to zero and the sound was still coming out loud and very distorted. i tried everything (including changing the output volume in the asio settings, and still nothing. I also know the problem doesnt lie in the mixer or my timecoded vinyls because for the timecodes i had 100% signal and my backup dual cd player sounded perfectly on the mixer. Is there anything i can do so that my music doesnt sound too loud and distorted? thanks.

Mensajes Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 2:00 am
Sounds strange, the only thing I can think of is a few simple things that you might have missed. Otherwise I guess the card must be broken. I use the maya myself and don't have any problems.

You havn't accidentally got the gain knob in VDJ set too high have you? In "settings" in vdj, under the options tab, check that auto-gain is set to "auto + remember".

Also, you have't plugged the maya into your mixer where your turntable normally goes have you? Most record players give out a "phono" level signal (very quiet and has to be amplified alot inside the mixer), whereas the maya gives out a "line" level signal- much louder than the phono level. That's why dj mixers have both "line" or "CD" inputs (both the same thing) and also "phono" inputs for your record decks. There's usually a switch for each channel on top of the mixer so you can choose which input to use. So I might just check that you havn't put the maya into the phono socket on the mixer- that would make the music very loud and distorted.- Apologies if I've over-simplified this, you can never tell how much people know about this stuff.

If it's not that, then maybe it's something to do with your sound settings. You could uncheck the "ultra latency" box in the "sound setup" settings tab.

Also, you could try different combinations of "safe mode" and "overclock".

If it's not either of those, could you post all of your settings in the "sound setup" and "performance" tabs of the vdj setup. Maybe someone can spot a problem there.

Mensajes Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 2:40 am
i dont know what it is....at home, everything works fine through the line inputs in my mixer, but at the club, if i use the same settings and connect to the line input, the sound comes out way too loud. I don know what it is. Ive been trying to make the switch from serato to vdj for about a month now, but if i cant get this working in the club, then theres no use in using virtual dj. Does anybody else know anything i could try?

Mensajes Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 9:49 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You said timecode was 100% but did you check the settings in advanced timecode config in VDJ? What does the signal look like? There are gain and silence adjustments in that tab that you might want to adjust.

Mensajes Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 3:54 pm
I know this is gonna sound stupid but check the inputs you are using at the club.... Make sure you are not using phone, use line inputs....

I had the same issue at one spot and I couldnt see the settings on their mixer.... My flashlight bulb was out and i was connected to a phono input.... SOunded like what you are experiencing...

Mensajes Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 5:19 am
mroman73 wrote :
I know this is gonna sound stupid but check the inputs you are using at the club.... Make sure you are not using phone, use line inputs....

I had the same issue at one spot and I couldnt see the settings on their mixer.... My flashlight bulb was out and i was connected to a phono input.... SOunded like what you are experiencing...

phono not phone..... way to early in the morning after a gig!!!

Mensajes Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 8:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)