Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Hard Drive Speeds & NVidia RAM

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Is it worth it to get the 7200 RPM speed drive or should I stick with the 5400 RPM? Also, would an NVidia card with only 256 MB of RAM be okay?

Mensajes Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 10:19 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'd defenitely go with the faster hard drive speed...it makes accessing the data much quicker.

256mb ram is fine...providing it's a dedicated (i.e not integrated) graphics card.

(",)

P

Mensajes Fri 14 Mar 08 @ 5:19 am
Is the faster drive speed that important? I'm having trouble finding a laptop I like with a 7200 RPM drive that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Mensajes Fri 14 Mar 08 @ 1:26 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well it is important but the snag is if you find a cheap high speed one it can fail quicker as the cheap parts wear out.

Mensajes Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 7:10 pm
A 5200 rpm drive is faster than a USB2.0 external with a 7200rpm. Don't spend the money! Buy something cool.... like a larger drive. Don't forget, as the density of the platters increase, the data transfer rate increases without spinning the drive faster.

Also, I was running VDJ 4.X on a system built in 2002 with a P4 1.7GHrz processor and an NVIDIA 5500 video card, flawlessly… Out just about every week end. (DJing since 1986, Fully computerized in 2000)

Don’t let the “Hot Rod” crowed influence your decisions.

Mensajes Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 7:11 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)