Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Getting VirtualDJ to read NTFS Drivers - Almost

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello All!

Being the proud owner of a MAC I can honestly say it has changed my life. You all know why, so I'll skip the details. But one thing that it has not been able to completely replace my PC-Windows laptop for is Karaoke and DJing.

VirtualDJ is, to my knowledge, the only Mac software that reads Karaoke files properly and efficiently in OSX (10.5.1). I've seen other karaoke software out there - they suck.

VDJ's only flaw - and it's a major one - is that it will not read my external USB NTFS-Formatted 160GB drive. Why is it NTFS? Because I still need to read it under Windows on different occasions, and I also sometimes will lend it to another DJ which I trust for his own gigs - and he doesn't use Mac.

But DOES VDJ really lack NTFS support? No, not really. I've been able to import the greater majority of my MP3s and movies into Virtual DJ from an NTFS drive, though some functionality is lacking. The way to do this is simple: Import your tracks into iTunes, then browse your iTunes music and playlists from VDJ.

Since iTunes supports NTFS it doesn't care, and VDJ plays the songs fine, without any sort of issue. But what about Karaoke? Well, iTunes doesn't add ZIP files to it's playlists, nor does it add certain video formats... So I don't have a complete solution until I can either bypass those limitations of iTunes and import what I want, or Atomix simply adds NTFS volumes to the VDJ browser in Mac.

So, basically, VDJ DOES support NTFS. It was just disabled by our friends at Atomix from the browser! Once that oversight is corrected, there will be one more laptop for sale on eBay - and it won't be a Mac.

Mensajes Thu 20 Mar 08 @ 6:54 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
A Copy of 5.07 purchased from this site can read ntfs drives.

The KJ has to be a zip with the mp3 and the G file together.

Its not included in the beta which i assume you are using.

Hope to see you as a pro user soon.

Mensajes Thu 20 Mar 08 @ 9:58 am
Ahhhh, that's great news.

Yes, to be honest I was using a "test" version of the Beta 3. Now that I know that the only thing preventing me from going completely to Mac for my gigs has been fixed, you can bet your sweet arse I will be getting a full version (well, as soon as my last mac payments are done. This is getting expensive ^^ )

Cheers,
eslachance

Mensajes Thu 20 Mar 08 @ 3:59 pm
Hmn.... Tell me sky,

There is no mention of the MAC version anywhere on any of the Purchase process pages... When I buy VDJ, do I pay for both PC and MAC version, or do I have a choice after the payment has passed? I know this isn't tech related, but... it's still pretty important to know.

Honestly, I thought VDJ was more expensive than $300, that is close to being within my budget.

Thanks in advance.

Mensajes Thu 20 Mar 08 @ 4:32 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Righto , you buy VDJ or Cue , then you can choose which version you want when you add your serial to your profile.

You can install onto 2 computers at the same time , one for live and one as a backup

It could be 2 macs , 2 pcs or 1 mac and one Pc.

Mensajes Thu 20 Mar 08 @ 6:31 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)