Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: A Question of Stability & Set up

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello All,

I am very interested in Purchasing VDJ for my set. I just have some concerns. First I saw several postings on stability.
In a professional environment, it must be stable and dependable.
My other question is regarding What set up works: I have already purchased a BCD3000 and a Numark DXM01.
Only to find out they will not work they way I need them to with Virtual Vinyl. I also have a Maya 44.
Can someone explain how I can set these any of these devices to have a bullet proof Set up?

Thanks for Any Assistance.

Roc

Mensajes Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 12:54 pm
I will be using a MacBook Pro.

Mensajes Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 12:56 pm
Hi djrocwell,
I was in your position about 2 months ago. These are the same questions I had, and here is how I "reasoned" with myself :)
You say that you've seen posts reporting faults (some of which I have experienced). Yes there are some faults, but you will notice from any forum that people only report on the bad stuff. People who are not experiencing problems don't visit the forum as much as others????

I have a DXM01 and I connect it via the 2 USB connections. I had a little problem once with this configuration, but I think it was because I had Airport switched on even though there was no network to connect to. If you need help there is plenty of information on this forum.

That is another reason why I chose this software. An active forum is a good forum. It tells me that there are many people using the software and if i need help I can get it!!

The only problem that you have is.... there is still no demo available for the MAC.

Mensajes Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 5:37 pm
I use VDJ 5.07 on a G5 Power Mac along with the Hercules MK2. I do have crashes, but typically only when I stream. My recommendation, if you are to use this professionally, would be to bridge it into a 'standard' mixer where you have a regular cd player or turntable setup. This way, if VDJ does crash, you can quickly segue over to a track on CD or LP, and reboot/restart the VDJ rig. When your'e live, having bbackup systems help!

Mensajes Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 6:25 pm
agartner wrote :
I use VDJ 5.07 on a G5 Power Mac along with the Hercules MK2. I do have crashes, but typically only when I stream. My recommendation, if you are to use this professionally, would be to bridge it into a 'standard' mixer where you have a regular cd player or turntable setup. This way, if VDJ does crash, you can quickly segue over to a track on CD or LP, and reboot/restart the VDJ rig. When your'e live, having bbackup systems help!

if you are planning on using the DXM01 there is a "safe" option. I always have an iPod connected to one of the lines in so that I can switch from USB to phono in the event of an error. It's not very high Tech, but it works. It'll give you some piece of mind.

Mensajes Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 6:43 pm
Thank you for your responses, They are greatly appreciated.

Mensajes Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 1:27 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)