Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: FLAC Meta data support through VDJ - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
VDJ team,

I was wondering if FLAC tag support is on the road map for future releases of VDJ?.

I recently decided to convert my entire library from 320kps to Flac when I heard the sound difference when I tested the exact same song in both formats side by side in VDJ. I’m currently using tag & rename to tag all my flacs and would love if VDJ could read the tags and also display there cover art in the software. VDJ is already the best DJ software out there…Flac read/write support would take it to higher levels!!!!!

You feedback is appreciated.

Also, please do not hi-jack this string with debates about how there isn't any discernable difference between 320kps and FLAC. One format is lossy and the other is lossless. I can hear the difference and that's all that matters.

Mensajes Fri 16 May 08 @ 7:52 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I hope you reripped and encoded as FLAC. MP3 to FLAC will yield nothing.

Now with that said, I hear ya brother. I want that too. Other software (some apparent vaporware) support FLAC and tags. VDJ *must* do same.

But then, look how long it took for them to support basic MP3 tags.

Mensajes Fri 16 May 08 @ 8:19 am
Yes I did. I had to go through each CD and start the process all over again to convert them to FLAC but now I can feel confident it's the "exact" quality as the original.

By the way, what vaporware are you referring too? The reason I ask, I want to have a "media player" outside of Windows media player to listen to my flac files on my PC which will read my tags and cover art.

Mensajes Fri 16 May 08 @ 10:22 am
Is there a spec sheet on the VDJ database XML structure?

I WANT FLAC tag support like yesterday. Is there a programming sort than can take a txt file from the FLAC library w/ tags and all and 'convert' to something VDJ can use?

I only need basic tag (Title/Artist/Genre/Album) support. VDJ can do the rest itself during a week long BPM scan.

Can this be done?

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 1:29 pm
I don't know but it seems like we are the only two that care about FLAC support for VDJ. :)

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 1:59 pm
Saw your post and coded a program for this purpose, then found out that Virtual DJ's xml parser is broken. It will ignore a double whitespace for elements, as it expects single whitespaces. In reality, the spaces shouldn't matter, but.... suppose i can make a terribly slow workaround.

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 4:28 pm
How and can we use this with VDJ?

Can it also read album art?

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 5:58 pm
I'd tried to use it and the application fails and doesn't open. Do you have any advice?

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 6:51 pm
It needs Microsoft .Net 2.0 which should be pre-installed on Windows Vista. I'd recommend waiting at least another day, I'm updating a couple of things and hopefully can get the advice of cstoll regarding a few of the database flags which I'm unsure about (e.g. color).

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 7:16 pm
Will it work with Windows XP since this is what I run on my PC?.

I'd like to test it out once you have the final application completed

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 7:43 pm
That would be very cool. And if so, give me MAJOR WORK!!!!!! :)

I would need to assemble my FLACs and then remove the dupes and arrange into folders. I would give it a different path and or drive letter as not to pollute the existing database. Then ditch MP3 completely.

Auggggg :)

Thanks!

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 9:42 pm
OK, updated a lot of the program and it now integrates the changes directly to the Virtual DJ database (if you choose to do so). Database backups are made automatically but be sure to make one anyway. [Download the Utility]

Please be aware that any manual modification of tags you have made will be overwritten by the metadata information, even if this is blank. The program currently will overwrite all matches in the existing database with the metadata from your file. If the metadata is blank, a blank tag will be written even if you manually entered data, I will fix this later - I'm hoping for someone to tell me exactly how Virtual DJ handles it's tag attribute (for this reason MP3 tag updates are disabled by default).

If you don't want to write changes to your Virtual DJ database directly, simply choose to save the database from within the program to another location. Updates/additions will be made to only filetypes you select, currently supported are MP3, Ogg and FLAC (only FLAC has been tested).

Windows XP users will need the .NET framework 2.0 which is linked above.

This is the result of a only a few hours work so please report any unexpected behaviour.

Mensajes Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 11:07 pm
Will this program scan the cover art that's imbedded in the Flac Tag and allow it to be show in VDJ like it is with an MP3 tag?.

If so...Thank YOU!

Mensajes Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 12:42 pm
edit: looks like MediaInfo doesn't support FLAC covers so sadly no :(

Mensajes Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 3:11 pm
Had a little look around and found a utility to extract the covers, here's a download link to the updated program:
http://rapidshare.com/files/143957337/vdj-meta-tool.zip

I'm not sure how it will perform will large sets of files. Try testing it on one folder at a time, with recurse turned off.

Mensajes Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 4:33 pm
Good tool. It pulls the cover are into VDJ but it isn't finding the Genre and Year. Genre and Year fields are still blank in VDJ.

I'm using your latest application.

Mensajes Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 7:35 pm
Hmm, genre and year worked for me. Could you upload a sample file and pm a link for a file where it's not getting the information correctly please? I'll have a look at sorting it out.

Mensajes Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 7:37 pm
How do I upload the sample file?

Mensajes Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 7:59 pm
Pick a file out where the year and genre hasn't been read, the smaller the file the better and then upload it via http://www.rapidshare.com/ that will then give you a link, pm that to me and I'll check it out.

Mensajes Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 8:03 pm

Mensajes Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 8:19 pm
30%