Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: More Turntables Please - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey VDJ... This is a question you have probably been asked a number off times... forgive me for being lazy and not looking to see weather a thread is available for the following question...

Q... are we ever going to see more than 2 decks in vdj...? I love this program but another deck or 2 wouldn't go a miss.

Mensajes Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 6:08 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yeah, has been asked several times... and in a future release possibly...

Mensajes Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 10:47 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
fyew-jit-iv wrote :

I love this program but another deck or 2 wouldn't go a miss.

Why.......... I've never seen the point in this one................maybe it's just me!!!!

Mensajes Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 12:59 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Oh I dunno, reckon it would be quite useful. I occasionally do mash-ups on the fly, using an instrumental and an acapella. All's well until the track is running out, then I need to abort the mix and swap the acapella for the next tune. Three decks would make life a lot simpler!

Mensajes Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 2:09 pm
i agree it would be cool to have an extra deck - rather than using the two channels on VDJ and untimecoded cdjs at the same time.

although whenever i mix acapella and instrumental i usually cut the current instrumental during a welknown part of the acapella song then drop the new instrumental. or bring in a sample track - but sometimes the loop function on the samples dont quite match up.

Mensajes Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 12:48 am
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Mon 23 Jun 08 @ 2:37 pm
I wrote about this sometime ago wanting 3 or more or 4 decks i can't remember which one. I wrote it would be a great idea for the exact same reason you said.

I say get it get it get it.

Mensajes Sat 26 Jul 08 @ 11:04 pm
If so I say make it optional, could be complicated with most controlers and sound cards only being two channel;^]

Mensajes Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 8:51 am
wow , i want to set it up right now.. I have to much gear to not have everything pluged in... I want to be able to load 3 cd players. a full midi keyboard a mini keyboard for visual , two turntables a dm2 and assign all the midi to each different device....I would like a screen that i can drag songs to all 5 of the playables and be able to assign samples to the full sized keyboard and all visual effect to a different mini keyboard so I can change them as I want by pushing a key . Also can we add the arrow keys on the laptop for song search.. I know its a lot but christmas is only 100 days away..The sound card I have has ten channel input... so is this posible?

Mensajes Sun 10 Aug 08 @ 12:45 am
I need more than 2 deck sometimes.

Mensajes Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 2:04 pm
Yeah, more decks are a must if it can be sorted.

It's going to kill a lot of slower computers, but the ones that can handle it. Oh my goodness! So wicked.

Maybe have a third deck assignable to the middle part of the crossfader. Think of the fader moving from Deck A to the Center and instead of fading straight into the Deck B's track, your audio & display could go into a third track. Make it a feature you turn on or off when you need it.

You guys are halfway there already with the Clipbank features.

Mensajes Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 3:06 am
Hey all,

Yes 3 decks is a BIG must! I dont like to say it but... "PCDJ reflex has it!!!" not that it makes reflex better by any means!

What i think it needs is for deck 3 to have its own options in the sound setup so you can send it out through the PC sound card if you are running a controller/sound card with only 2 outputs, then just config a button on MIDI controllers to switch from Deck 1 to Deck 3 or Deck 2 to Deck 3.
I'm sure the skin designers can whip up a cracking skin to bring it all together to, there are lots of us DJ's doing our oun mashups on the fly now and the third deck would make it so much easier. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Also the option to route the samples through the PC sound card would be great for those with only 2 output sound cards.

I think most of us would love to see this in VDJ.

Thanks Tom.

Mensajes Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 5:04 am
Perhaps I'm missing something, but why doesn't it suffice to use one of the multi-instance skins to accomplish these things?

Mensajes Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 10:12 am
Well for me, a multi-instance skin just wouldn't cut it, it's just too messy. Two record cases, four decks, two samplers, sounds like a nightmare to set up and use reliably! Plus setting up the audio outputs would be a pain, especially since VDJ ditched the "advanced audio" setup after version 3.4 - back in the day you could easily route any deck to any soundcard output, as opposed to the software forcing you to route it a particular way.

Mensajes Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 11:00 pm
spool32PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'd love to have a 3rd deck as well. What about if there were a button next to PFL on the current two decks that you could use to assign the 3rd deck to so you dont have to worry about another sound channel out? Or just have the 3rd deck play to headphones then use a copy deck command to assign whatever its doing to a working deck.

Mensajes Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 2:02 pm
Hey,
Yeah spool32 thas ok but some of us out there need to be able to put 3 tracks in the mix at the same time, independantly, eg:
first track, deck 1. accapella, deck 2. then second track deck 3.
that way you can do fantastic mashups on the fly like being able to mix the two backing tracks behind the accapella if you get what i mean,
this is why we need to be able to route the 3 deck through the headphone out, or a seperate sound card.

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 11:22 am
I guess it depends what soundcard you have available. If you have a card with 3 stereo outputs, it would make sense to have the 3rd deck share the sampler output. A Gigaport AG on the other hand could handle 3 decks and a sampler seperately... laptop users might want to use their redundant heaphone socket... In short, there's many different users out their doing different things with different hardware! The obvious solution? Bring back the advanced audio setting that VDJ had in version 3.4!

Mensajes Sat 06 Sep 08 @ 12:13 pm
FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I understand the use of the 4 decks, but I believe the sample banks is very powerful tool which I recently explored at my last gig-keeping the flow moving-From running loops and one-shot phrases. I haven't explored mash-ups yet.

What would be great features for the sample banks:

1. Master Tempo (discussed many times)
2. User friendly way to adjust the beat grid if it is off by a little
3. Ability to use the effects-maybe switch the effects from either two decks to the sample banks for live performance.

Thanks.

FLeX

Mensajes Sat 06 Sep 08 @ 7:29 pm
Seconded! Add the ability to stutter beatmatched samples, and some kind of quick-load sample manager, and job's a good 'un....

Mensajes Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 4:47 pm
Yeah they would be good improvements to the sampler.
But let's not let that detract from the topic of this thread.
Increasing the number of decks in one instance (to 3 at least).

I don't want to sound like one of those whiney forum people but...
The community have been asking for this improvement / feature for ages.
I've been wanting this feature for years. Mostly for live Mashup work!
I'd almost go as far as to say not having it is holding me back creatively as I used to have 4 decks available when I worked from CD.
I only want one more (3) on the screen.
Not being ungrateful but the Multi-Instance skin just doesn't 'cut it' (SO SORRY) but I think I've heard it too many times 'why not use the multi-instance skin'.

I never use the on screen mixer, I'd much rather have the space afforded to another full featured deck!

Again so sorry if I sound like a pain, I don't mean it that way.
But please.

Ross

Mensajes Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 5:12 pm
71%