Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: VDJ in 48kHz ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Why not adding an option in VDJ to use 48kHz if you have it. (A button in the settings to choose either 44.1kHz or 48kHz with by default the value 44.4kHz) I know the existing effect plugins won't work in 48kHz but we could force with these plugins to work in 44kHz (just say "not compatible with 48kHz" if you are in 48kHz). For that, just to add a new reference in sdk to say new version of plugin compatible with 48kHz and if the reference doesn't exist it means 44kHz by default. We need also to have GetParam(...) with the parameter Frequency in the new plugin.

I hope the dev team used a constant or a global variable for frequency....

Mensajes Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 2:22 pm
SZ-BHome userMember since 2004
if you talk about sampling rates : why not include 24 bit 96 khz support ?? so we don´t have to resample our quality wave files down to 16bit/44khz .... serato scratch and final scratch 2 already support this .

Mensajes Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 10:41 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
=> Well for human ears 16bits and 48kHz are enough

=> We can't have 96kHz for mp3 as the max is 48kHz in the standard.
That's why i only propose 16 bits and 48kHz (currently it is 16bits and 44.1kHz)

The best would be to have a key shortcut to engage/disengage "force 48kHz"

=> For .wav you're right 24bits and 96kHz why not...

Mensajes Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 3:42 am
SZ-BHome userMember since 2004
well you can make mp3 with higher sample rates than 16b/48k but if you use mp3´s you probably don´t really care about quality - 24bit 96khz only makes sense with uncompressed audio files , but that´s exactly the point : i´m scratching and beatjuggling with vdj and so i mostly use short but high quality wave files . i´ve recorded all my samples in 24b/96k and now i have to convert all of them down to 16/44 to use them . that´s the reason , why i´d like to see vdj support this . and the other thing is : i can run my soundcard with even lower latency at 96khz ! and for slow scratching a higher resolution is needed for better sound with less "digital distortions" (you can try it yourself - move the tc vinyl VERY slow and you´ll hear what i mean . i tried a real record and then the same sample from the record controlled with vdj : digital , distorted sounds at slow record movement)

see , we all are aching for 24bit 96 khz support ;-)

Mensajes Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 11:02 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)