Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Keyboard shortcut for loading tracks

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I would like to see a keyboard shortcut that would allow you to instantly load a pre-determined track. For example, you could pick a song ahead of time from anywhere in your collection, assign it to the F1 key and anytime during your set you could hit F1 and the track would instantly be loaded to the deck. I would find this to be a very quick way to load scratch sounds and switch between them quickly with one single keystroke instead of having to click on a folder, click on a track and then drag the track to a deck. Also, it would come in handy for mobile DJ's who needed to switch songs quickly for the introduction of a bridal party for example.

Mensajes Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 11:18 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dizzy may be on the wrong track here but can you not line them up in the sidelist ready for what you just described... just a thought

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 3:15 am
Yes, I could line them up in the sidelist but I like the feature of my un-played songs automatically being moved to the sidelist and using the sidelist for requests. If all my scratch tracks were mixed in with the other tracks it would get cluttered up pretty fast. And I could have a virtual folder, playlist or favourite folder for my scratch tracks but using those would still require some navigation with the trackpad. A keyboard shortcut could cut the process of loading the desired track from 5 or 6 seconds to less than a second. 5 or 6 seconds may not seem like much of a delay but when you want to jump right into a scratch session on the fly then a keyboard shortcut would come in handy. A keyboard shortcut for instantly loading scratch tracks would lend lend itself well to the lightning quick style of turntablism. Besides, I would think it would be a fairly easy feature to implement.

Mensajes Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 7:58 am
I'm with Dizzy on this one. This feature would certainly come in handy; it would then enable me to map different scratch samples to pads on my m-aduio trigger finger.

Mensajes Thu 10 Jul 08 @ 6:56 am
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this would be a cool feature.

Mensajes Thu 10 Jul 08 @ 2:10 pm
Posted Wed 01 Mar 06 @ 19:09:39

... numbers/characters.

this would work this way...
instead of typing out the name of the song in the browse window, the user would make the combination characters/numbers of the file and it loads up to in a deck. (kind of like a Mortal Kombat finish move lol).

with this feature, while vdj scans the hard drive for audio files it assigns a [short] unique number to the file. or allow the user to assign the number/character that they'd want.

i think this process of loading songs is faster than typing a song, using the mouse/keyboard shortcut to load the song.
the current fastest i'd found to load any song is 'global database' shortcut>type unique characters of the file>hit enter>down arrow>keyboard shortcut to load song>play song

with this feature im requesting
for example (say the numbers are only accessible thru the Num Keys):
hold Ctr+Atl+ Num key combinations 254, and the file loads to the deck.
or Ctrl+Atl+ SHIFT loads and plays the song. 1 or 2 step process.

any faster way to load a file?
----------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Sat 04 Mar 06 @ 18:44:40

'cant believe no one sees the power behind this feature.

i think this feature would come in handy when one knows the songs they want and want to bring in other songs quickly like in competitions or making a quick megamix.

say the dj has 20 songs to work with. give those 20 songs numbers 01 to 20 and load them with, say, ctrl+alt+01.... instead of typing the songs out or getting them from the playlist.

i need some backing.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/46964/Wishes_and_new_features/Any_Faster_Way_To_Load_Files_Than_This__Assigning____.html?highlight=load song combination

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 12:11 pm
Why didn't I think of that. I think I'm going to put in the comments field a unique number/symbol combo like "1!" "2!" "3!" for each subsequent scratch sound and see if that works for fast access. Good idea a la Mortal Combat combo stylee.

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 9:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)