Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Search Feature Issues

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I use Virtual DJ with OS 5.0.8 on my Macbook with OS 10.5.4, 2.4 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. I use an external hard drive to store my music. I typed a song into the search engine and it displayed my selection. When I loaded my selection onto a deck, I got the song title and an ERROR message in the deck display window and the song didn't load. When I browsed to File Info, It showed me the direct path of the song location. When I scroll to the file where the song is located, I can load it from there. It's not just one particular song, this happens with many songs. When I use the search feature with my HP/Compaq (Windows XP), the search feature works flawlessly. Can anyone give me some insight into this issue?

Mensajes Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 1:15 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Are your music stored on a NTFS external HD ? Do you use it on MS Windows too?

Mensajes Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 4:33 am
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
My situation Is worst. I have many sub folders. If I type the title of certain songs they simply don' t show up.

If I go directly to the subfolder I could pull out the song and play It.

I am using the Virtual DJ 5.0.8 Mac

Mensajes Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 10:34 am
Keep in mind anytime you add songs to your hard drive you need to perform the "Add To Search Database" function in order for VDJ to see the songs.

Mensajes Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 10:36 am
Thanx for the feedback, but adding the folders to the search database doesn't help.

Mensajes Sat 26 Jul 08 @ 7:03 pm
djcel wrote :
Are your music stored on a NTFS external HD ? Do you use it on MS Windows too?

Please answer my question

Mensajes Sat 26 Jul 08 @ 7:50 pm
Sorry for the double post but i stumbled upon this thread after i started my own post so i guess I'll hijack this one. I am running a MBP 2.6 ........
with a external hard drive set up in NTFS that i also use on a PC.
My symptoms are the same as the ones of the original poster.

Thanks, Alex.

Mensajes Sun 10 Aug 08 @ 10:42 pm

Mensajes Mon 11 Aug 08 @ 2:01 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just to add on, Mac can

Read/Write: FAT, FAT32, HFS
Read: NTFS

For those who using NTFS, in order to write, U need to use the external tool as were given the link by Dj Cel Above.

Mensajes Mon 11 Aug 08 @ 7:29 am
iv'e got a same problem like that...

i deleted my xml files from iTunes (on my Mac) and make a re import it in itunes from the folder on my extern hard disc.
then i delete my xml files from VDJ on my Mac and on my extern Hard Disc ...then restart VDJ.
it work fine now.
i think the problem is one of the two iTunes xml files.

sorry fot my bad englisch ;-)

Mensajes Mon 11 Aug 08 @ 8:09 am
Thank u gentlemen, i have installed NTFS for mac and am currently adding my hard drive to the search database.
Just wondering if this will have any effect on my hard drive running on a PC ?

Mensajes Mon 11 Aug 08 @ 4:40 pm
Yes it will add MAC OS specific files on your HD but there is no impact on Windows

For example:
"DS Store" file

Mensajes Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 9:22 am
My other issue now is with duplicate files. No matter how often i check, clean and fix i always get 2 of most of my listings when i do a specific search, the top one will load and the lower one will give me an error message. Is there something i am missing ? Should i just delete the XML file and rebuild from scratch ?

Mensajes Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 4:02 pm
No it's normal:

MAC OS uses : /Volumes/{HD_name}/Filename

Windows uses: {HD_letter}:\\Filename

Mensajes Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 7:40 am
I need someone to please help I have the same problem, I use Virtual Vinyl v5.07 on my Macbook pro with an external HD, and not only do I get an error when i upload the music that I search but i'm not able to play those file that i have in my virtual folder because i also get an error. I had already try all listed advised however with no results. my HD is a WD (passport) 250 GB. & i don't know if this is a NTFS, however i downloaded the program that was recommended on this page and the problem persisted. The last thing i did was INSTALL windows to see if it that would solve the problem, cause i used VV with window in my old computer and its worked just fine, but that was not the solution to the problem, it still doing the same. Please provide me with the solution as soon as possible. thanks

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 12:39 am
What do you mean that MAC os only reaod ntfs Harddrives

Both my Extrenals are Fat 32 and it reads no problem at all.

Am i missing something

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 4:45 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
automagp68 wrote :
What do you mean that MAC os only reaod ntfs Harddrives

Both my Extrenals are Fat 32 and it reads no problem at all.

Am i missing something

spinnaJ wrote :
Just to add on, Mac can

Read/Write: FAT, FAT32, HFS
Read: NTFS

For those who using NTFS, in order to write, U need to use the external tool as were given the link by Dj Cel Above.

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 4:51 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)