Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Virtual Vynil vs Virtual Dj

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hey there guys can someone let me know what exactly the differences are between these virtual vynil vs virtual dj, i know that virtual vynil is basically virtual dj with a serato style sound card but . . .
does it have full skin / plugin support at the same level as virtual dj
has it got the snazzy album art browser
does it have all the options, configrability of virual dj i.e. i can midi config my bcd3000 with the middi mapper plugin
is virtual vynil updated at the same time as virtual dj
basically what im looking at doing is starting up the full digital dj time code thing, serato is an option but the major configrability of virtual dj (midi, HotKeys, Skins) and also the browser really do intrest me, my local store stocks virtual vynil boxed so im looking at getting that,
iif there was a predone box set of Virtual dj (time codes sound card box ect) id be a happy bunny thats what im kinda hoping virtual vynil is
thanks in advance

MattPattie

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 6:24 am
Numark VirtualVinyl is an all-in-one package that includes the software Numark CUE, a USB interface-box optimised for timecodes, and a pair of timecode vinyls and timecode CDs.

so Numark Cue is the brand name of numark but it is virtual dj :)

if you have virtual dj you can expand it to timecode with such an maya44 usb or something like that and have fun with playing timecode.

there are several ways to get the same success.

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 7:51 am
just to confirm virtual vinyl IS virtual DJ and is updated ect at the same time as virtual dj, only difference is the skin and the sound card

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 8:56 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
mattpattie wrote :
just to confirm virtual vinyl IS virtual DJ and is updated ect at the same time as virtual dj, only difference is the skin and the sound card

Yes almost correct,

the updates for VV are sometimes delayed as Numark have to test and evaluate the updates themselves before they release then to there user's.

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 9:01 am
think thats my decision almost made then, can i also use midi as in the mapper for the bcd 3000

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 9:09 am
mattpattie wrote :
think thats my decision almost made then, can i also use midi as in the mapper for the bcd 3000

The bcd is a native controller for VirtaulDJ, also there is already a mapper for that controller in the plugin area.

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 9:29 am
i tell you what guys i wasent expecting this level of response, i thought it would be post, wait a couple of days then get a reply. final question. . . is virtual vynil skinable or is this disable with it being numark branded
once again guys thanks for the quick response time

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 9:52 am

Yes you can change skins also edit skins, but I think they need the Numark or the VV logo rather than the VirtualDJ logo, you may get a error if you use the VirtaulDJ logo.

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 10:03 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I admit I am not 100% certain but, I do believe the skins for VV have limitations as too changing them. Hopefully a VV user will chime in with that info.

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 10:08 am
just like to say cheers for your help guys, got virtual vynil all up and running. it really is worth the cash!! i forgot how much fun spinning vynil was (dug out my old decks :) )
thank you guys

Mensajes Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 9:10 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Congrats! And Welcome to the family.....

Mensajes Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 10:16 am
mattpattie wrote :
just like to say cheers for your help guys, got virtual vynil all up and running. it really is worth the cash!! i forgot how much fun spinning vynil was (dug out my old decks :) )
thank you guys

Yeah............... welcome mate, nice one.

Enjoy.

Mensajes Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 10:25 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)