Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: What is so special about VDJ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm having a great time with this program. I can't wait for my next event - to see the guest's faces, how impressed they'll be, and to see how creative I'll be. I will also be very nervous knowing that it could crash on me. But, it's a risk I'm willing to take. The crashes will be solved as I learn more and more about VDJ.

Here are a few of the things that I love about VDJ:

1- I love creating cue points and using them as hotstarts. YOU CAN REALLY BE CREATIVE,

2- I enjoys creating loops with the hotstarts and adding the backspin effect.... AWSOME

3- Mixing loops and Accappellas, OLD SCHOOL STYLE, IT's SO EASY with VDJ, How are you saving your loops? I normally save cue-points and press 4 or 8 before I'm ready to mix,

4- Using the DAC-2 with VDJ.
I own a Denon 9000 - IT'S LIKE NEW, I will probably never use it again,

5- Adding effects, i.e Flange, Echo

6- and I love looking at those turntables spin......

WHAT I WANT TO LEARN:

1- I want to learn how to record loops and jingles. Have not experimented enough - BUT WILL.

2- I would really like to see one important improvement:

PLAYLISTS: VDJ should be able to play one song after the other without mixing them. Maybe this can be done. I have not learned how to do it. During dinner I would like to play 1/2 hour of cocktail music without VDJ mixing the songs.

I'm sure that there are many other things I want to learn, like how to use MIDI to be more creative, but I have to go and practice for this weekend's events.

Please help me be more creative. THANKS VDJ.

DJ JOSE

Mensajes Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 4:25 am
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Config-->FAME Settings

Force Fade: Enabled
Fade Length: 1s

Hope this helps.

ZH

Mensajes Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 10:29 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You're right cyberia: "Fade Length: none" doesn't work for the moment with automix

Mensajes Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 10:34 pm
This is better but not perfect. I don't like to end a song a few seconds short and start the new one a few seconds into the song. I'll stick with winamp untill the VDJ team improve this feature.

DJ JOSE

Mensajes Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 1:38 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Try my plugin "Simple Mix" for the moment [Created only for that]. It's like an "automix" but only for two songs. It's already better than nothing :-)

Mensajes Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 1:43 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
- Recording loops:
=> Create a loop
=> Select the samples area instead the browser
=> Just push on the loop button in the sample case of your choice
=> If you want to keep it after you have to save it (little circle close to this sample)

- For jingles you will have to click the jingle button twice (first time to start recording and next to stop)

Mensajes Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 6:08 pm
Please tell me how to find the plug-in and where does it get saved - IN PLUG INS? I would like to know if your plug-in loads the songs one by one and mix from one to the other.

LOOPS: I learned how to save loops and jingles with the sampler. GREAT feature.
I still prefer to save cue points and loop before I mix.

Thanks for the great ideas.

DJ JOSE

Mensajes Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 10:10 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 12:49 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)