Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: 2 Soundcard problem - VDJ distorts - previously working - please help! [SOLVED]

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hi,
ive been using virtual dj with no problems, until today i opened up the program and now the sound distorts out of my external soundcard!

Please note:
2 soundcard setup was previously working
no changes were made to my mac, but after startup this problem spontaneously appeared

My setup - macbook pro 10.4.11
using edirol UA-25 and internal soundcard to monitor

i have tried:
playing around with latency settings
re-installing vdj
downloading the latest mac software updates
(when selected to 1 soundcard on VDJ it works fine)
There is no problem with my external soundcard, it works with other programs and was previously working with VDJ

from searching the forums i can see that other people have been having similar issues but someone needs to provide some answers! Someone must have an answer!

if someone can help it would really be appreciated!

thanks

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 6:40 am
If you use iTunes, check that your "output volume levels" of your tracks are at a normal level. I had the same problem as you whenever I loaded a track into Serato; the gain would maxed out and the sound would be distorted. Upon the advice of someone in the Serato forum I checked the output volume level on my tracks in iTunes and they were all at 150% instead of 100% even though I don't recall adjusting them. Also, make sure you disable the "autogain" feature in VDJ.

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 7:53 am
Hi,
thanks for your reply,
unfortunately, that was not the solution; the tracks are really very distorted when played through the external soundcard via VDJ in "2 CARD" mode. and im pretty sure its not a latency issue, because its not clicking and breaking up, and i have 2 gig ram etc, no other progs running... the sound is fine in all programs and VDJ when set to mono output played through either my internal or external soundcard.. but when on "2 cards" (so i can monitor), the externaly routed sound turns to crap!

any more help and ideas, really appreciated!

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 8:27 am
ozimmHome userMember since 2008
I have same problem. I change sample rate to the same value (48kHz on external sound card to 44.1kHz) and now is good.

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 8:59 am
........THANK YOU!....you have just saved me from wasting my day trying to fix it and possibly me resorting to re-installing my os!
thanks very much!
for anyone else with this problem, remember, unplug the interface restart mac/app and then plug in at 44.1!
have a good day
:)

Mensajes Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 9:11 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)