Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Activating graphics slows my system?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction about a worsening problem I have.
My system is; AMD Sempron 2800+, 2GB of matched RAM, soundblaster 24 bit live, & Sapphire HD 2600 PRO. HDD's; Karaoke 120Gb 54.7 used. Music 120Gb 39.0 used & DVD's Sata 500Gb 181 Gb used.

Over the last few months my system has been getting slower & slower when loading DVD's/Karaoke.zip files. (Previously it worked fine). Now it won't load DVD,s/Karaoke.zip files when the TV setting is used, activate window setting & it runs reasonably well. Looking at my old graphics card I thought it was not really up to scratch, (Radeon 92500) So the following action was taken;

Format C drive & reinstall Vista PRO with service pack 2 as was originally installed, this is a minimum installation with no Word, Excel Etc just the minimum required to get it working. Loaded Directx 9 & all drivers for sound/graphics/Sata/motherboard. I then loaded my original Numark Cue off of my CD (I think it's V4. something?) I now have exactly the same problem again, DVD's take about 2 days to load or the programme stops responding, ONLY when the TV is activated, whether the TV is connected or not makes no difference.

I've been all through the settings both on Cue & the hydravision control & changed refresh rates, screen resolutions, latency Etc & I'm getting nowhere. Just out of interest I downloaded the trial of PCDJ VJ & have exactly the same problem. When I have config open & activate TV the CPU goes half way up the scale, when I click OK the CPU goes off the scale & everything goes pear shaped. I've also tried V5.0.7 & V5.1 nothing is solving my problem.

I know it's a bit long winded but I wanted to cover everything (?) in the hope that someone can help.

Thanks, Rob.

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 7:57 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
are you talking about loading DVDs in CUE or DVD files in normal players like MediaPlayer??

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 8:30 am
CUE, it's not just the DVD's but also Karaoke.zip files. The problem ONLY happens when I activate the TV/Window in config. I've just tried it again with no TV/window activated & player A loaded straight away, activate the small window & it has taken nearly 2 minutes to load player B, activate Video output ATI radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP & you can go & get a pint take the dog for a walk & wash the car before it loads into any player.

As I said this has worked perfectly for at least 12 months & the problem has only just recently started.

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 9:07 am
first of all I can suggest to download the latest driver of your new video card.

Which one is the company which munufactures your card??

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 12:59 pm
It's a brand new ATI Radeon card with the very latest drivers installed as of 06/08/08

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 1:06 pm
Good.
did you try to enable "Hardware acceleration"?

ATI cards have got a special chip called ATI AVIVO that it's optimized for video like:
- H.264/AVC and VC-1 video formats
- High definition (HD) playback of both Blu-ray and HD DVD formats
- Hardware MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4/DivX video decode acceleration
- Motion compensation and iDCT

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 1:44 pm
If I enable hardware acceleration in CUE config I get 'Error in video driver'. In config I've set everythign for speed rather than quality & in Catalyst Control I've done the same & lowered the refresh rates to 50Mhz to try & make it as easy to run as possible.

I've also noticed that if the window/tv out is enabled even Mp3's load slowly.

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 2:59 pm
You have a issue with your video driver.
Do it:
uninstall all about ATI card, reboot your computer and then install only Driver and Catalyst Control Center that you can download by www.ati.com

Don't install hydravision at the moment!

P.S: are you using Windows Vista with SP2??
Strange because the currently Service Pack for Vista is the SP1

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 3:18 pm
OK! I'll try it now

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 3:26 pm
Sorry about Vista, it's actually running XP Pro with SP2. I've got Karaoke running blindingly fast but still have a problem with DVD's it still keeps locking up.

As we need this up & running for our business can you tell me what you think of this;
Form Factor Micro Atx
Socket Type LGA 775
Compatible Processors Supports Socket 775 for Intel Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, P4, P4EE, Pentium D, Pentium XE processors
Chipset NVIDIA® MCP73U/PV/V Chipset
Max FSB 1333
IDE Type NVIDIA® MCP73U/PV/V supports 4 SATA II ports (SATA 1 to 4)
An IDE controller on the NVIDIA® MCP73U/PV/V
Supports PIO, Bus Master and Ultra DMA133/100/66 operation modes
Can connect up to 2 IDE devices
Max Bus Speed 1333
Expansion Slots 1 x PCI Express x16 slot - 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
Memory Supports single channel DDR2 533/667/800
Audio Chip integrated by Realtek ALC888
LAN Supports 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet by Realtek® 8211BL
Firewire IEEE 1394 JMicron JMB381 chipset
USB 4 x USB 2.0
IO 1 x PS/2 keyboard
1 x PS/2 mouse
1 x 6 in 1 Audio jack
4 x USB 2.0
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack
1 x Graphic Card port (D-sub)

Supplied Memory
Installed Memory 2 x 1024MB 667Mhz DDR2 Ram
Free Slots 2

Processor
Interface Type LGA 775
Clock Speed 2.2Ghz
Cache Level 2 Size 2 x 512k
Architecture Features 65 nm technology
Performance Index 2 x 2.2Ghz

Heatsink & Fan
Interface Type 3 Pin
Material Alloy Copper Dot
Maximum CPU Support Intel Dual Core

& possibly this;
General Compatability PC
Device Type Graphics Adapter
Enclosure Type Plug in PCI Card
Interface Type PCI Express x16

Expansion/Connectivity Compatible Slots 1x PCI Express x16

Manufacturer Warranty Service & Support 1 Year Waranty
Service and Support Details Limited Waranty - 1Year

Software Software Included Drivers & Utilities
Operating System Requirements Windows XP, Windows XP x64 Edition, Windows Media Centre Edition 2005, Windows Vista

Processor / Memory Chipset ATI Radeon HD 3850
Core Clock 668MHz
Video Memory Installed 512MB DDR3
Memory Interface 256bit
Memory Clock 1655MHz
Stream Processors 320
Textures per Pixel Up to 128
Crossfire Scale up rendering performance and image quality with 2 or more GPUs
Integrated compositing engine
High performance dual channel interconnect
550 Watt Power Supply with 775 Watt 6-Pin PCI Express Power Connector
Features Shader Model 4.1 Fully distributed design with 512-bit internal ring bus for memory reads and writes
Hardware processed 1080p video playback of Blu-ray and HD DVDs
Up to 24x Custom Filter Anti-Aliasing (CFAA) for improved quality
ATI Avivo HD Video and Display Platform
Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 support

Video Output Max Resolution 2048 x 1536
Analogue Video Standard S-Video, Composite Video
Digital Video Standard DVI
Max Monitors Supported 2
API Supported DirectX 10.1, OpenGL 2.0
TV Inteface HDMI 1080P
Crossfire Drive two displays simultaneously with independent resolutions, refresh rates, color controls and video overlays for each display
HDMI Over DVI HDMI with 5.1 surround sound audio

I could do without the extra expense but needs must Etc.

Mensajes Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 4:31 pm
After reinstalling your driver, did you try to enable "hardware acceleration" on VDJ and did you get the same "'Error in video driver"?

Your HD2600 Pro AGP is good with VDJ so I think it's not necessary change your hardware

Mensajes Sat 09 Aug 08 @ 5:04 am
I've enabled hardware acceleration & that works fine. However, when playing DVD's I now get just under half the right hand side of the picture flickering different colours, this goes on & off at different times during the playing. Karaoke & music is running fine.

Just started & the counter is still running but the DVD has frozen & the folders have shut down, now it's showing " Disk plugged IN or recovered. Disk location <controller 0, channel 1, Master>

Mensajes Sat 09 Aug 08 @ 5:43 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)