Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Hdd problems

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

HannepPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi everyone im just got my barebone cpu.
It´s a great hifi station but the pc part is´t working yet.
i´ve installed the windows xp professional edition but when i installed windows i leaved the computer alone and now i cant start the install program or windows properly when i start windows it says "continous whit instalation" and then it frezes.
But i just need help whit launchin the install program and then i´m good so does anybody knows whick buttons i should press or what i should do coz i really wanna start play with it.

Ps the msi mega 180 deluxe is a great barebone ... Buy it .

Thanx in advance

Mensajes Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 1:18 pm
Sorry dude you must try to explain a bit more clearly your initial problem!
Is your copy of windows legal?
If you just bought your computer windows should have been installed in OE system 105
so you might have a conflict why the company version?
Just a guess!
Andre

Mensajes Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 6:50 pm
my win copy is legal but i think the computer is desinged for home edition???
I´ll just need to clear the hdd and then i´m good to go but i cant get into dos :(

Mensajes Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 8:33 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You need a windows boot disk. A google search should point you in the right direction.

Once you get that, you can format the drive and reinstall windows.

Mensajes Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 8:54 pm
azawakhHome userMember since 2004
Hanne se på nordiska forumet.

Sorry for that I know, only english, but that was for Hanne and we both speak swedish.

Hasse

Mensajes Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 9:12 pm
Bargler : The problem is that a floppy is not avalible on this computer just a card reader instead but cant i reset the hdd like a pda or something else like that with a small hole with a button that u puch with something thin.

Mensajes Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 11:25 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do you have access to a cd burner? You could always make a boot cd instead of a boot floppy.

And, No...there is no reset button to format a standard PC hard drive.

Btw, have you tried getting into your machine via Safe Mode? Keep hitting F8 (or is it F10, I can never remember so I just mash them both) while the machine posts up and you might be able to get inside to perform the needed maintenance.

You might even be able to get out of this by setting your BIOS to boot from cd, and then putting your Windows installation disk in there. Worth a shot, anyway.

Mensajes Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 7:11 am
isn't a windows cd bootable?
just format it during your new install, I don't see thge problem here

Mensajes Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 11:04 am
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ye just put windows disc in and boot up. then format or remove the partition from inside the windows installation process

Mensajes Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 12:22 pm
The two last posts were wrong i could not even get into the install program that was my problem but the third last post was the one who helped me.

I went into dos and chanched (spelling) so the comp should boot the cd before the hdd and then i could reinstrall xp...

close this topic if ya whant

Mensajes Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 10:31 pm
Windows XP doesn't actually have DOS, it's not even on the CD-ROM. When you make a DOS Startup Floppy from Windows XP, you are infact making a Windows Millenium Edition diskette.

The last two posts were not wrong, they just didn't mention the setting of your CD-ROM device(s) before the Hard Drive(s) in the BIOS. DOS is different to the BIOS.

Mensajes Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 1:36 am
Ok i know that xp dosent have a "real" dos i just forgot to mention that (i really did) i´ve just reinstalled win 2000 on my mothers laptop and in 2000 u have dos.

Dont take this wrong but i never mention to create a floppy...

// Jayy deee

Mensajes Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 7:37 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)