Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: A&H Xone 42 with VDJ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djcoolxHome userMember since 2008
Hi,
I have a Xone 42 mixer and wonder if it possible to controll VDJ with it. I researched
the web for information but could find any usefull footage.

I stream to the web radio mainly, and before I streamed with winamp, but would like
to one step further with VDJ, so I need to know if it possible to connect the Allen and Heath
with VDJ before I buy VDJ newest version.

Would highly appreciate any usefull comments.

Mensajes Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 10:33 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
xone 42 isn't midi compatible, as i saw on their page, so you can't controll VDJ with it. it has USB port to use it with effects on computer, recording or playing from computer only. so you can use your mixer as sound card, that's all.

sorry ;)

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 2:29 pm
i changed it for a xone 4d. was pretty nice as live mixer, but i need a mixer for live and streaming.
I wonder if you guys have any infos according the 4D now :-P

Mensajes Thu 21 Aug 08 @ 11:57 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm confused, are you asking about the Xone 4d?

Mensajes Fri 22 Aug 08 @ 8:05 am
yes, i was confused my self... i thought it would possible to run vdj with a xone 42 according the USP port...but it was a straight analog mixer without MIDI interface.
So I changed my Xone 42 for a Xone 4D. But I didn´t find in the web a mapping for the 4D. I wonder if it is generally possible to run VDJ with it.

Mensajes Sat 23 Aug 08 @ 7:54 am
If you were a registered user - I believe that there's a mapping for the 3d available for download. There is someone on the board here that does use the 3d and has a mapping for it. I myself would love the 4D, but am not sure I can justify the expense right now considering the other goodies I have recently purchased. But....I think that there will likely be other people on here that get it and do mappings. But again, if you don't become a registered user/have a serial number, you won't have access to those things....

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 11:28 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Yes, there is a Zone3d mapper available for licensed users (made by Paz75). kkropos is correct in his assessment when he said you would need to purchase and register a copy of VDJ/CUE here to take advantage of all the downloads. Hope to see you as a pro user soon.......

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 11:35 am
oh well that is not the issue, if registered user or not. Leading to my buying decision of a VDJ would be if this is available, esle I can purchase also the Ableton Live Software. I would prefer a programm that can make me possible playing with the Xone 4D. Yet, I only have seen a mapping for the 3D basic in the download section.
Would be pretty stupid if I first buy the VDJ software, before I know I can controll it with my Hardware... Don´t you guys think so?

Mensajes Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 12:59 pm
You can always map it yourself.....basically that is what is in the download section. A user took the time to do the midi-mappings for VDJ and the Xone 3D. Then he was nice enough to post it in the download area for other professional users if they needed it. So, the software will work for you, it is just a matter of you wanting to use it bad enough. If you do - then you can figure out how to do the mappings.

Personally...I haven't really delved into the arena of mapping stuff hard core, only basics. But I would think that you could take what has been created for the 3d and see how well it translates to the 4d and then do your mappings from there.

Just an FYI on the 4D - I think that there are some issues with it's ASIO drivers and communication with certain applications. I read on the Native Instruments Traktor Forum that some pops and crackles were going on for some guy that was trying to use the 4d with Traktor. Just an FYI. Seems that none of these new controllers are having an easy day of it once they get released.....but seriously, I can't imagine how hard getting it right is, there are so many things that need to be compatible....

Mensajes Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 3:33 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
4D works with VDJ, i can help you to map buttons, it's not hard to do it, but you need full version of VDJ.

;)

Mensajes Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 3:47 pm
well that´s a word.
you must imagine I have no experiance with VDJ. I used beginner equipment until this certain stage. Now I feel ready to get into more pro stuff that´s the reason I switched to Xone 4D. Now I feel like finding the software that matches to me. and i am so unsure what programm to use now. the xone 4d has so many channels, can they be used with VDJ, then the jog wheels all the effects etc. beside playing live, I usually stream also to web radios. that was the reason I put my eyes on VDJ.

Mensajes Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 3:55 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)