Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Complete Freeze (Vid Only)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Ok my system has been running great since I built it up til last nite. Was runnin to the can to take a leak and put it on automix, come back and the video is completely frozen, but the music is still playing. Found the only way to unfreeze the video was to load another video in the opposite deck. This happened like 4 times then all went well for the rest of the night.

System Specs:
M2NPV-VM Mobo
AMD 6000+ 3.0 dual core
2 GB 800mhz Ram
ATI HD 4850 Vid card
Vista Home Premium

Any teamer or user have this issue recently?? I did system updates last week, but didnt have this issue Monday when I used it. Lookin for some insight into this if there is any.

EDIT: This was about 2 1/2 hours into the gig, no effects running, but used text2d earlier.

Mensajes Sat 16 Aug 08 @ 11:48 am
Yes. I have experienced this as well. Loading the opposite deck with a video fixes it....

I built another VJ computer because I was seeing high CPU usage and lower framerates when I played .mp4 files. I was getting more and more serious into VJing and I also wanted to have one as a backup incase of emergencies. The new system has higher specs than the old, so I thought I would have it be my main rig, and retire my older system to backup status. The newer of the two is the only one that has this issue. I can go a couple gigs without it occurring, and then have it happen 4 or 5 times in a single gig. No rhyme or reason. Whereas I have never had it happen on my old VJ PC...

Seems to me like I have messed up a setting somewhere... perhaps in video drivers (both use different graphics cards).

I run Windows XP on my systems, I noted that you run Vista... so thats not the issue.

I run 5.1 on both machines...

I dunno exactly whats going on, but its nice to know other people have the same issues. I will be watching this thread :)

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 7:26 am
I am thinking it is a heat issue, but I will know Monday if it happens again.

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 2:00 pm
i have this happen a faw times on some up dates last night it did again heat issue? no this is a bug it also happen with many midi controller

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 3:52 pm
I personally don't think it is a bug as it has never happened to me in the past. There are a few things I am gonna do, #1 Update my graphics card as there is now driver software for my card HD4850. #2 I think it also has something to do possibly with a new Vista update that I did last week, so I am now thinking of a reinatall of VDJ.

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 4:16 pm
I doubt it would be a heat issue.... I run shuttle PCs... plenty of cooling available.

And it couldnt be a MIDI issue.... because I use the exact same cable / DJM-800 everytime.

One PC works... the other doesnt....

wierd...

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 6:12 am
I will let you know after tonight. This is my Touchscreen system custom built into an SKB case. I gotta get some pics of this thing.

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 2:30 pm
this happened to me a couple weeks ago. same thing, loading onto opposite deck fixed it. did it twice, hasn't done it since. I'm also thinking heat issue, as when it did it my laptop had been running for about 4.5 hours.

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 6:47 pm
UPDATE: This happened to me again last night, but I figured out why (with the help of CStoll), it happened going from a mpg to mp4 then again from the mp4 back to mpg. It did this once in automix aswell as once not on automix. As always just loading another vid onto opposite deck activates the video again.

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 3:01 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Brian - do you have the ffdshow codec pack loaded ? Did you uninstall it ?

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 4:11 pm
The only codec pack was the Pixie pack. These vids worked fine 2 weeks ago, I am wonderin what has changed to cause this. I uninstalled any codec pack that I could find.

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 10:14 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)