Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: suggest a subwoofer

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have the Mackie powered 15" subwoofer which I use with the powered EV 12" speakers. The 1 Mackie sub is unable to keep up with the EV tops. I also have a KV EX 2.2, which I use for school dances, but it is more difficult to move around.

I would like a sub which is the size and weight of the Mackie 1501 but puts out more punch to keep up with the EVs. I do have an extra amp, so maybe I should consider an unpowered sub.

Can anyone suggest a subwoofer?

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 4:03 pm
well you can't go wrong with unpowered sub the only thing more things to take along

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 4:23 pm
chibieCUE userMember since 2007
Have you ever thought about just adding another Mackie and running the two side by side in a mono config?

I really like the sound of the 15" Mackie sub... not a fan of the 18" version.

You can also take a look at the JBL PRX518S. It is lighter than your Mackie and it performs quite well for me for a lightweight 18" sub.

HOP

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 5:16 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I use one of these. Been using it for four years. 1000 watts of power, built in power amp, able to drive off board speakers, built in crossover. Its a good unit, I have personally seen mine bring dust down off of rafters with it. Here is the best part, it has built in coasters for easy moving.....

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 5:21 pm
i wouldn't mind hearing that peavey one o dese ole daze.......

i like cerwin vegas

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 5:27 pm
I am trying to make things as easy as possible, so I decided on using only 1 sub for setup. I am interested in the JBL PRX518s. That is a possibility.

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 6:04 pm
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
We use the JBL MRX-528S, http://www.123dj.com/speakers/jbl/mrx528s.html

These subs kick so hard we have to put anti-skid mats between the subs and the top enclosure (which weighs 94 lbs) or it will vibrate the mid/high cabinets right of the top of the sub cabinet which is a very bad thing for someone standing near.

We use a QSC RMX 5050 to power the subs, they will not only knock the dust off the rafters they will UNSCREW nearby light bulbs and knock paintings off the wall.

:0)

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 6:24 pm
Considering the Yorkville NX720S Powered sub. This would be a step up from the mackie 1501 and it is lighter at 73 lbs.

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 7:34 pm
QSC PLX3206 amp running 4 dual 18 TXD218 Turbosounds. Use a crossover some kind to really tweak it to bring the heat!

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 8:23 pm
ive always been a big fan of electrovoice speakers myself

Mensajes Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 10:50 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Try Cerwin Vega...it will shake your ass within 5 miles radius.

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 2:13 am
billyzee wrote :
I have the Mackie powered 15" subwoofer which I use with the powered EV 12" speakers. The 1 Mackie sub is unable to keep up with the EV tops. I also have a KV EX 2.2, which I use for school dances, but it is more difficult to move around.

I would like a sub which is the size and weight of the Mackie 1501 but puts out more punch to keep up with the EVs. I do have an extra amp, so maybe I should consider an unpowered sub.

Can anyone suggest a subwoofer?

Weight always becomes the killer of powered subs..
The only subs I can think of that won't break your back yet have decent output is the EV sbA760 (760watts RMS) and the Mackie SWA1501 (500 watts cont.)...

since you already own one mackie your best bet is to get another one and place them next to each other (giving you a very nice 3 dB boost in volume)

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 11:21 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
cerwin vega 18 or 21" powered subs. The 18" has a little more punch, the 21" is more on the shake the ground and rattle your teeth side

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 1:04 pm
drzincPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If you want great sub and not hung up on name here is a well built and great sounding sub... http://www.b-52pro.com/models/ACT18X_ACT18.html
Not only is it powered but if you feel the need to add another sub to your setup later on you can buy its unpowered brother and the amp will drive them both.

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 1:36 pm

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 7:45 pm
which one you used?

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 8:52 pm
Whats Up Phil.. I use the JBL Mpro 118s and it pushes 600 watts rms. Its a single subwoofer and it sounds Ok. I would rather have the carvin because it handles 800watts rms. I bought the JBls before carvin came out with this new more compact model. I have carvin speaker tops and they sound better than My JBL eon 1500s. The bass is more tigher and the highs are louder.

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 10:24 pm
ok got a friend that's all he used is carvin i may try the power sub

Mensajes Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 6:20 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I don't know the model number, but Yorkville has a kick a$$ powered sub that booms. My buddy has them, and they rock. Makes my JBL sound like an MTX.

Mensajes Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 7:39 pm
I have been using the cerwin vega earthquake for years and love it. The kids enjoy it at the dances and for outdoor parties the cops always show up.

Mensajes Sat 23 Aug 08 @ 11:16 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)