Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Converted to Mac Version need help with Adding Favorites, misc tips are wellcome

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi All,

I've been using VDJ on the PC platform and over the weekend I started the transition from PC to Mac. I am very happy with the initial performance jump on Mac. Although the components and plugins that I am used to are less on the MAC version performance trumps them all.

Being a PC user (I work with UNIX systems actually at work) and no MAC knowledge at all. I have to finish this learning curve quickly. So even the simplest things like system settings, how to turn the sleep mode off etc etc, become some sort of headache. Hehehehe. (who ever said that ignorance is bliss. Shoot him !!! Hehehehe)

Anyway, I suspect it is something to do with changing read-write permissions but here is the problem.

I cannot make the Favorite folders to stick. What I mean by that, I create the Favorite folder shut the VDJ off, when I restart they are not there. I cannot see the Database XML file either.

I put my Music and Video collection under the user name in the Documents folder. I assumed I the program should be able to use it from there.

Do I need to turn on certain switches for VDJ in MAC, give write, execute perms etc, if so could you tell me how?

Besides that any other small trick suggestions are wellcomed by me as you can imagine.

Thank you all.

Jack Ulker, a.k.a DJ Palamuth

Mensajes Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 8:08 am
It might be that you don't have the virtual folders box checked in the browser section of the config menu. VDJ will let you see the virtual folder when you first create it but if you don't have virtual folders activated in the config menu then you won't see the virtual folders the next time you start up VDJ. One of the nice things about Macs is you don't have to be constantly messing with permissions and crap.

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 5:23 am
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
No it is not it. I have the Virtual Folders box checked. It is strange.

Mensajes Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 7:10 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)