Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: First Mix on YouTube "beginner"

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello I posted my first public mix on YouTube, with two tracks from Benassi Bros and Miss Kittin, it sounded good to me, I mean as a beginner DJ so I'd like some inputs as how it sounds like for you.As it has been posted on tips for DJ, it is important to record your mix, because as for me I work on "feelings" but not everyday you're happy with the results, sometimes it goes smooth and you regret not having recorded your set.So far as a beginner DJ I find and experiment two tracks, but got hard time make an entire set like six or more songs.It means that you got to get several songs with the same BPM, songs that goes well together, plus that you like.It seems you must have tons of song to put a set with a linear BPM amongst songs.

[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeM_T6F-x-I
[/youtube]

Mensajes Sat 23 Aug 08 @ 9:25 am

Mensajes Sat 23 Aug 08 @ 9:51 am
UMMM!!!! WELL!!!!

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 11:02 pm
out of morbid curiosity, could you list the track titles?

i know which one was the Benassi track.. but the other?

Mensajes Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 1:43 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
out of morbid curiosity, could you list the track titles?

i know which one was the Benassi track.. but the other?

Track 13. Window Licker - Aphex Twin (from the album "Live at Sonar" Miss Kittin).

Any relatives on the train?

Mensajes Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 6:18 pm
um, i'm pretty sure the train wreck picture was meant to describe the mix you posted. and please don't be discouraged by this, but he's right. those two tracks just do not mix. you could sit there with some music editing software and cut, paste, fold, spindle, and mutilate bits and pieces of the two songs to try and mix them together but it will never sound right. there is just too much difference in genre's for it to work.
don't give up, don't rely on software or gadgets. train your ear to hear what will mix and what won't and you'll find things alot easier.

Mensajes Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 6:37 pm
DJJaEPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I did like some of it later on in the mix. When you were bringing in the other beat it clashed way lot in the beginning of the mix. Then when you were just bringing in the vocals and melody in some parts, it just sounded good. Just keep on doing it man and you will being doing it in no time. Just takes a bit for your ears to get sync with it. Beat mixing is way easier than scratching IMO of course. Wish I would of learned that first hehe. My house sets would rock more. Like Ella said, Practise and have fun!!

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 1:07 am
First off dude you have no biz throwing your mix on youtube just cuz you think it sounds ok you tube is allready flooded with amature shit.
listen first then ask questions later.

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 1:33 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
bit harsh that ain't it, anyone can stick what they want on youtube as long as it's legal, it's whatY/T is all about

Mensajes Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 1:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)