Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Still Can't Install VDJ 4 0r 5 (Protection Error)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I posted for assistance on this very issue many months ago. Nothing that was suggested helped. I was offered remote assistance, but our schedules always conflicted. I am going to try again.

I receive the following error when trying to install/update VDJ 4 and 5: "Protection error %i. Please contact us on http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/" My system specs are as follows: Vista Home Premium with latest updates, centrino core 2 duo @1.66GHZ, 2GB Ram, 200GB HD, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 card with 256MB. VDJ 4.x worked fine until I decided to upgrade to VDJ 5. Now, I can't even go back to ver 4. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 9:02 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Try un-installing VDJ. Then run the registry cleaner in the download section. Then re-install...see if that work....

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 9:45 am
Yep...tried that...many times. Didn't work. Thanks.

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 4:59 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maybe u could clean out ur OS. Reformat ur lappy n then installed again VDJ. Remember to back up ur important files before doing so. Good luck;)

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 5:11 pm
Wow..that seems extreme. Re-format just for one program..even if it IS VDJ. lol There has to be a better solution. Thanks, though.

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 5:22 pm
DeeJay EL wrote :
Wow..that seems extreme. .

Your blog shows you owning two PCs Do you get this error on both machines??

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 5:31 pm
After what happened to the first one, I dared NOT try it with my other computer. That is my main gig machine. It still has 4.x.

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 8:13 pm
Please try another system. It might help to trouble shoot your problem.

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 8:16 pm
I understand, but, wow...you're asking me to possibly jack up my main gig system. I can't have that. I have a newborn. I can't spend time troubleshooting my system when I should be just practicing DJing with VDJ. I have a third computer that runs XP, just like my main gig system. I guess I could try on that one. I won't be using it for DJing, though.

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 9:54 pm
Thats cool I have VDJ running on three PCs no problem, and its all XP. BTW congrats on the newborn..being a dad is very cool...;) Try running VDJ on the third machine.....if you have time...

Mensajes Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 10:21 pm
Thanks, Tearemup. This is my 4th (and last). I already have two young adults and a teen. OK, I intalled VDJ 5 on a third system, running XP. The installation went well. So, perhaps we can say that it is a Vista issue, although I'm sure others on here have Ver 5 working on Vista machines. What now?

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 4:14 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When you ran the install did you right click and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR ?

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 5:15 pm
cstoll wrote :
When you ran the install did you right click and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR ?

Yes sir. I did that many times before. I just did it again, just to make sure and I still get the error after I try to open the app. It happens after I choose the interface with which to start. This is so frustrating.

Mensajes Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 10:12 pm
Is that all? Do I have the only computer that won't install vdj5?

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 4:27 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well unfortunately at this point it sounds like you have a corruption in the registry that is not allowing it to install correctly. The only way to resolve that is to reformat the system.

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 6:03 am
my advise to you is to uninstall vdj, go into your registry and click the find button and search for vdj and the delete all the findings, then re-install the program. make sure you back up your database.

Mensajes Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 6:35 am
protection error 24.please contact us on http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/
What is this ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
What should I do ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mensajes Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 9:57 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
I think the best way is to do what the soft advise you!

Contact the support or try the things above.
The following is a summary, i guess! :-)

1)
>deinstall

>install

If it doesn't work try the next!

2)
>try it on another PC/Notebook

If this works, try the next!

3)
>reinstall the hole PC/Notebook

or simple

contact the support ;-)

Mensajes Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 10:38 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)