Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Scratch? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have Numark Total Control

The sound scratch in Turntables is different from the Total Control.?

because i cant hear good sound like Turntables...

I need help

any tutorial for scratch in Total Control?

Mensajes Thu 04 Sep 08 @ 4:34 pm
i come from a turntablist background and have to say the scratch on total control is about pointless if you plan on being qbert or something just something to use for transitions ect.

Mensajes Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 5:05 pm
qqshkaHome userMember since 2008
scratch is very hard

Mensajes Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 2:23 pm
i have virtual dj 5.2 but i dont know hawe to scratch

Mensajes Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 8:16 pm
i enjoy virtual dj 5.1 but i dont know how to scratch

Mensajes Thu 16 Oct 08 @ 4:48 am
scratching is fun, but i dont knoe this how it works.i need to scratch & cutting buy crossfader. anyone know command to scratching?

Mensajes Sat 08 Nov 08 @ 9:44 am
Effective scratching is almost impossible using VDJ because of the latency of your soundcard. This is the time lag between the physical movement of the jog wheel or on-screen platter and the sound output from the monitors/speakers.

Mensajes Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 10:42 am
thats why you buy a low latency device like the MAYA 44 and use timecoded vinyl (or CD's)!!!!!!! you can do it using controllers and such but personally its just not the same

Mensajes Sat 22 Nov 08 @ 4:03 pm

Mensajes Sun 23 Nov 08 @ 10:20 am
djdmarsHome userMember since 2008
i hav 4.2, but doesnt scratch too wel. plz smo'ne send me 5.1/.2 to ****@*****.com i'll b gratful

Sorry
"No license user" can't write personal Email, Msn, Skype, MySpace, Phone number and any other personal contact details in the forum.

Thanks
DJ-ALF

Mensajes Fri 28 Nov 08 @ 6:42 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Djdmars
Please read the rules:
"No license user" can't write personal Email, Msn, Skype, MySpace, Phone number and any other personal contact details in the forum.

Mensajes Fri 28 Nov 08 @ 12:56 pm
the only way to do "good" scratches ist with timecode vinyl (turntable is needed), timecode cd (a scratchable cd-player like numark axis9 or pioneer cdj 1000/800/400, with touch-senitive jogwheel or with a turning platter like some denon cd-players is needed) or a midi controller with a touch sensitive jogwheel (like vestax vci-100/300, eks otus) or with turning platters (like numark n-7)

with all other solutions like hercules mk2, rmx, numark cue, m-audio xponent or a standard cd-player without touch sensitiva jogwheel is no "real" scratch feeling and sound possible, because there is no emulation of a "turning" turntable platter.

Mensajes Sun 30 Nov 08 @ 3:47 am
awax5PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Is it possible to perfom decent scratches with the VDJ RMX?

And should I adjust the jog wheel sensitivity?

Mensajes Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 9:32 pm
Please i need someone to tell me how to use the shortcuts to scratch, cause in the add shortcuts sessions the scratch option is there, and when i add the shortcut it doesnt seem to work at all, i dont know whether it has a lot to do with the value adding please i really need to know, mail me on xxxxxxxxxxx

Moderate by spinnaJ
No emails or contacts are allowed from no license user. Thanks for the understanding.

Mensajes Tue 16 Dec 08 @ 1:40 pm
djnieroHome userMember since 2007
gentalmen gentalmen i come from a turntablist background ok i started scratching on turntables with battle records and hip hop instramentals. It took practice alot of it to get all the techniques down The march, reverse march the baby step the flair all the methods and the cross fader caction well that was another story 8 years and i got it down pretty good. You cant scratch like you want to without

"TOTAL COTROL OF THE RCORDS" so my suggestion pay respects to your "DJ" 4fathers and learn to scratch like all the rest 2 technics 1200mk2 and a good 2 channel battle mixer and a set of battle records learn the tricks of the trade be a true "DJ"

NIERO

Mensajes Sat 20 Dec 08 @ 8:26 pm
djniero wrote :
gentalmen gentalmen i come from a turntablist background ok i started scratching on turntables with battle records and hip hop instramentals. It took practice alot of it to get all the techniques down The march, reverse march the baby step the flair all the methods and the cross fader caction well that was another story 8 years and i got it down pretty good. You cant scratch like you want to without

"TOTAL COTROL OF THE RCORDS" so my suggestion pay respects to your "DJ" 4fathers and learn to scratch like all the rest 2 technics 1200mk2 and a good 2 channel battle mixer and a set of battle records learn the tricks of the trade be a true "DJ"

NIERO

um no.... i too learned to scratch on 1200's but i disagree ...... if grand master flash had access to a vci-100,vc1-300 or ns7 I bet he would of invented scratching on that..... streets and roads were made for horse so did you learn to drive on horse back?

also find it funny that you say mk2's,a 2 channel mixer and battle records all of which our 'dj 4 fathers' never had :)

ps ' the baby step' is a breakdance move :)

Mensajes Sat 20 Dec 08 @ 9:48 pm
djniero wrote :

NIERO
um no.... i too learned to scratch on 1200's but i disagree ...... if grand master flash had access to a vci-100,vc1-300 or ns7 I bet he would of invented scratching on that..... streets and roads were made for horse so did you learn to drive on horse back?

also find it funny that you say mk2's,a 2 channel mixer and battle records all of which our 'dj 4 fathers' never had :)

lol you ARE CORRECT

Mensajes Fri 26 Dec 08 @ 9:46 pm
av1613PRO InfinityMember since 2007
beardugo wrote :
djniero wrote :

NIERO

lol you ARE CORRECT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

haha, OK so Niero has some flaws to his argument, but I do agree with the principle of what I think Niero is saying.

Good or bad? Far to many new DJ's stepping out of there bedrooms don't know the fundamentals of there craft. It took me two attempts to beat match with different tracks and YEARS of practice perfecting it, and I'm not going to rant again about the 1000's spent building a record collection, waiting outside in the rain for a shop to open just so I can get the limited edition remix of whatever. With Auto sync & stolen downloads boys n' girls have an instant "Pass Go" short cut. This is great for raising the game and forcing the industry to better its creativity with effects etc. Howerver Sync is cold mathematics where as a trained ear can sit two beats together much better with just a small nudge

( lol, Just had a mental image of my ear jumping of my head and nudging a platter for me. lol . Who's a cleaver ear..good boy...back you go! )

Any who, just realised I have forgotten the moral of my story... maybe it should be something like...ummmmmm..

Technology gives you the stabilisers to make you feel like you can ride your bike just like the big kids do, but they do need to come off if you want to get really really good. Ta da!!!

Mensajes Sun 28 Dec 08 @ 5:41 am
av1613PRO InfinityMember since 2007

P.S, Scratch DJ's looking 2 use Video should help me help you. Check out the link in the "Video lessons????" thread.

Cheers!

Mensajes Sun 28 Dec 08 @ 5:54 am
also would like to add ... turntables are dying. Sure people will argueee but that same was said about the vhs, cassette ect. The only reason it has not completly died is there isnt a perfect replacement yet. The ns7 may be the start. There are less vinyl pressing houses ect... soon the cost wont match the price to make even time codes. But again i am not saying turntables are not great and better than most controllers out there....i am saying that the controllers will still serve you justice to learn on

Mensajes Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 8:02 am
65%