Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: samples improvements - Page: 3

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yup, you can rename from .vdj to .ogg and then use a suitable tool to convert them to a format you need.

Mensajes Mon 17 May 10 @ 10:51 am
Yup, you can rename from .vdj to .ogg and then use a suitable tool to convert them to a format you need.

Thanks alot friend!

Mensajes Tue 18 May 10 @ 8:57 am
I'm using Alive MP3-WAV Converter n have been unsuccessful using the renaming to ogg method. I will try another converter. :(

Mensajes Tue 18 May 10 @ 9:43 am
most of the samples are regular mp3 files... or as sbdj says they are ogg files.

don't confuse most with all. other files are not ogg files or mp3 files. to successfully convert the samples you would need a converter that attempts to read the file with every decoder it has and successfully plays them.

vlc media player has a ton of decoders and can play just about anything.. audio and video

Mensajes Tue 18 May 10 @ 10:43 am
most of the samples are regular mp3 files... or as sbdj says they are ogg files.

don't confuse most with all. other files are not ogg files or mp3 files. to successfully convert the samples you would need a converter that attempts to read the file with every decoder it has and successfully plays them.

vlc media player has a ton of decoders and can play just about anything.. audio and video

Raspect...I get that videolan may play them but that does me no good since I desire to play them on KueIt.
Any suggestions...videolan doesn't convert right?

Mensajes Tue 18 May 10 @ 11:35 am
if videolan plays them, then that means there is hope. vlc attempts to play files with what ever decode it can open the file with. your next task would require you to start renaming the file to different extensions and figure out the real file type. after that, use illustrates dbpower amp music converter to convert the file to an mp3.. ogg, w/e. many formats, many options, many fx.

you can also use soundtaxi.info.. sound taxi is a powerful converter as well. it will assume you are the legal holder if you can play it, and it won't bother with copyrighted stuff. if windows media can play it, soundtaxi will convert it to mp3.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/
http://www.soundtaxi.info/

Mensajes Tue 18 May 10 @ 12:07 pm
Thanks again for the prompt response. Just to be clear my issue is that I sometimes use virtualdj to create samples but these samples are created with an extension I assume exclusive to virtualdj, ".vdj"(and I can understand why this is done). It seems to me tho that in trying to inhibit the competition(other dj/mixing programs) it inhibits other programs that in conjunction with virtualdj can make ones musical experience, professional or otherwise that much better, which something like KueIt does. I mean, that is until virtualdj can provide the capability of having something like 300+ samples at your fingertips.
I can hear the arguement that y would someone need so many available at one time but same reason u may carry tons of music to a gig be it vinyl, cds or mp3s that u kno u will not use. That is what makes anything great...it has a lil something for everyone.
Again this is until virtual dj can provide such a capability: make the samples it creates more universal or does it already n I do not know?
Can the sample files be created with any ext. beside .vdj?

Anyway, vlc doesn't recognize the ext. even after changing it to .ogg...

I'll try ur other recommendations...
Thank You both...

Mensajes Tue 18 May 10 @ 12:49 pm
hi,

through experiments, i found out that if you just rename .. 'f2' the file to a '.mp3' it will work most of the time.

'sample.vdj' >> 'sample.mp3'

most likely, the extension of the original file is the real extension of the sample. if you're creating a sample from a wma file, then the real extension is wma. virtual dj will name the sample "???.vdj" for reasons unknown to me.. probably to mark such files as virtual dj sample.

if ogg doesn't work, try wma, .. mp3, mp2, aac, flac, etc. there is an extension that will work with the file. it doens't make sense for any company to start making up a new audio format just so they have their own sample format. they probably all do the same thing. name it with their own made up extension. that way, other programs can't open it.

amps fx supports up to 1,000 samples. 10x by 10x by 10x.. plus image. the library is stored in xml format and you can save / open different samples library at will. it also supports drag and drop. you can also change the pitch, speed, volume, icon, etc.

www.audioboxinc.com

Mensajes Tue 18 May 10 @ 1:26 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)