Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: ballroom music

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey everyone, I'm doing a gig next week for my church and a lot of it will be ballroom dancing: waltz, rumba, swing, cha cha, samba slide, foxtrot, polka, viennese waltz, hustle. Throughout the year they've been doing a "dance instruction" program for people to learn all these, and now they're showing their stuff. I'm trying to find some more popular songs that can fit these dances because there will be people of all ages and currently the playlist caters mostly to the older participants and we fear everyone under 30 is going to get bored and sit out. I've been searching online, but if anyone here can help, that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Mensajes Sat 27 Dec 08 @ 10:35 pm
Candyman - Christina Aguilera (jive or swing)
Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis (rumba)
The Way I Are - Timbaland (cha cha)
Pump It - The Black Eyed Peas (paso doble)
Makes Me Wonder - Maroon 5 (cha cha)
The Difference - Matchbox Twenty (rumba)
Rockin' Robin - Michael Jackson (jive or swing)
The Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson (rumba)
There's A Good Reason Why These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet - Panic! At The Disco (quickstep)
Everybody Wants To Be A Cat - The Aristocats (foxtrot)
Lady Marmalade - Moulin Rouge soundtrack (cha cha)
She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5 (rumba)
Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson (viennese waltz)
Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne (viennese waltz)

Mensajes Sun 28 Dec 08 @ 7:08 pm
great list sirkitbreaker, I'm tucking this away for future use.
Thanks!

Mensajes Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 10:50 am
I buy my ballroom cd from danceshopper(dot)com. If you really want real good ballroom music.

There are 2 categories in ballroom dancing, American and International. Personally I will be caught dead playing with those music. But it all depends on your crowd. Good luck.

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 6:38 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)