Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: My Equipment

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mikcerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys I just bought the following and wanted to know what the pro's think:

Pyle Pro PDCD4000 - Dual CD Player http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail.asp?model=PDCD4000

Pyle Pro PYD1928 - Mixer http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail.asp?model=PYD1928

A 1200 watt amp, 2 speakers boxes containing 2 12" speakers and 1 horn type tweeter in each and of course all the small connectors, plugs, wires etc.

I'm waiting on the turntables till my TCV arrives but more than likely it'll be a couple Gemini's (direct drive of course....gotta practice my scratchin)

My Maya 44 sound card is on it's way too.

And Finally my Laptop is a Emachines M6809 http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=eMachines_M6809

I went with the PylePro for 2 reasons: 1) Price and 2) Price. Now I know "you get what you pay for" so we'll see how it goes. This is my starter system so it is going to change with time.

Mensajes Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 9:26 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
bads links

Mensajes Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 9:31 pm
They worked when I copied and pasted them into my browser. Try going to www.pyleaudio.com and doing a search for the part numbers.

Mensajes Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 9:46 pm
Or for you internet challenged people :P
Try a google search for the part numbers and you'll see what it looks like.

Model PDCD4000
Brand PylePro
Category Professional CD Players
MSRP $903.19
Warranty 1 Year
Item Manual PDCD4000 Click Here

Detail
# Quick Start Within 0.015 Seconds
# Pitch Bend (8%, 16%, 32%, 100%)
# Single Auto Cue/Continuous Play/Relay/Outro
# Jog Dial for Frame-By-Frame Searching, Speed, & DSP
# DSP Effects (Scratch, Flanger, Reverb, Filter, Reverse)
# Dual Seamless Loops Per Deck
# Dual Sampler 8 Seconds Per Deck
# Disc Identify Loads 5 Cue Points when Disc is Reloaded
# Remote Fader Start
# Cue Function + 5 Hot Cue Points Per Deck
# Auto BPM with Tap Option
# Multiple Time Display Modes
# Anti-Shock Memory Buffer
# Digital Audio Outputs and RCA Outputs
# Remote Control: 18.9'' x 5.2'' x 1.5''
# Main Unit: 18.9'' x 3.3'' x 9.7''
# 110/220 Voltage Switchable

Model PYD1928
Brand PylePro
Category Mixers
MSRP $262.71
Warranty 1 Year
Item Manual PYD1928 Click Here

Detail
# Digital Echo w/ Variable Delay, Repeat and Level
# 2 Mic Inputs, Up To 8 Line Inputs
# 2 Turntable Inputs w/ Ground Screw
# Individual Channel Gain Controls & Cue Selectors
# 3 Band EQ + Frequency Kill Buttons on Mic CHs
# Dual 10-Band Graphic Equalizer
# Blue LED Level Display Meters
# Blue Light Illuminated Faders
# Red Light Illuminated Power Switch
# Effects Send/Return Loop
# Talkover Switch for DJ Mic
# Assignable A/B Removable Crossfader
# Front Panel XLR 1/4'' Combo Mic Jack
# 12V BNC Connector for Gooseneck Lamp
# Master & Zone Faders & Balance Controls
# Master, Record, Zone & Headphone Outputs
# Headphone Program/Cue Fader
# 1/4'' & RCA Master Output Jacks
# 110/220V Switchable
# Dimensions: 19''W x 9.45''D x 3.2''H

Mensajes Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 10:18 pm
I know it's a starter system and you already purchased it but if I learned one lesson it is "it is better to spend even a little bit more money now because it will cost you a lot more in the long run" and I spek from experience.

I started by buying inexpensive Gemini equipment which, don't get me wrong has come a long way now, but seven years ago was not very good. Well, everything I brought kept breaking and you can't do gigs with broken equipment. It didn't sound very good either when it did work with cracks and hums that I never could isolate. So now you don't trust that equipment and have to spend double replacing it with a better brand because you can't return it or you can keep sending it back for repair within the warranty but have no equipment to work with. Yes, you can rent sub equipment but that costs more money.

I now only use the following" Numark CD Players (not highest end but in my opinion the most durable) QSC Amplifiers (the best in the business!) and JBL speakers. Microphones, hey I went out and bought Gemini UHF ones and they have been terrific because the Shure ones are just too much money. I am not saying the Pyle equipment will be bad however I haven't heard the best reviews. It does definately depend on what you are using it for.. I can only wish you the best of luck.

Mensajes Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 11:49 pm
Well this weekend i'm going to put it through it's first test. One of my buddies has a insulated room in his house. I'm going to set up VDJ to run in autoDJ mode and let it rip as hard as it can for as long as it can and record all the settings so I'll know exactly how hard I can run the system before it gives out. Actually I guess that'll only tell me about the amp but I've got a spare one anyways.

Mensajes Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 1:03 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)