Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Remote / Wireless Control

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have been playing around with VDJ for a bit now, One thing I love about Winamp that i wish to see on VDJ is the power to Remotely control VDJ via wireless from an Iphone, or any wireless device

Something like this http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/221688
I currently use one for winamp that i am aple to see from a Palm with wifi Access, giving my computer playing the music a static IP.

The reason for this is when you want or need to automix a song and your away from your booth, and even when your adding songs to a playlist, so when you get back you can mix it.

Mensajes Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 10:41 pm
This would be an amazing feature.
Sometimes when I'm working functions or events, I go round the room and chat to people, get requests from them, rather than write them down, the ability to search while I'm chatting to them and add them to the playlist would be awesome.

The possibilities of this are pretty limitless/awesome.

I would imagine it could be done quite easily using midi already and writing an iPhone app and something on the VDJ machine that can send local MIDI notes.
It maybe makes more sense to make a full remote control app for VDJ that makes all features accessible then you can add buttons you need on your iPhone so it could have pages or tabs:
1. Playlist/Search
2. Samples / Loops
3. Video (start a slide show / ScrollText)
4. Macros

Just some ideas for a start.

Ross

Mensajes Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 8:25 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The new version of ScrollText can accept shortcuts (for example mix_now) via SMS from a nominated mobile. I did also start writing a plugin that allowed you to use a windows mobile device as a controller...

Mensajes Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 8:53 am
Yes I remember you saying that, when will we be seeing the new version :)

A dedicated app would be nice and avoid using txt credits also faster.

Mensajes Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 1:01 pm
what about some type of remote hardware that can opperate virtual dj, where the base unit is pluged into an usb port, and the transmiter/reciever device uses AA batteries?... something that can attach to a wireless mic...?

Mensajes Thu 28 May 09 @ 7:59 am
There is an iphone app that controls vdj by general midi & works well - the name escapes me but there are threads a bout it. I just use RDP on my Vaio UX1 which gives full wireless control

Mensajes Fri 29 May 09 @ 1:57 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I use Jaadu RDP (remote desktop) on my iPhone, it is not perfect but works good enough, with a little tweaking in the setup menu. Then I added some buttons to my skins to make adding tracks to the automix playlist easier (instead of dragging them).

I was (and may still) write an app to do this better but for now I am waiting for VDJ 6 to come out so I don't have to patch it later. The goal (when I start) is to have it work similar to the iTunes remote. It will be different of course but it should just request and manipulate data and options of VDJ. Not scratch or become a remote display for the PC (like RDP does). I may add a "lock PC" feature to keep the idiots (oops, I mean clients) from playing with my set when I am away.

I can do almost anything I want my application to do with RDP. The one feature that does not exist in VDJ is to be able to hit a button on the skin and make it add the song I want to play next in the automix list. I have looked into all the program commands that can be used in skins and I can't seem to find an option that will do that. I even started a thread here on it, they had some good ideas but not exactly what I want it to do. If I had this feature, I could do everything that I want with RDP and no need for a special application and all the problems that can come with it.

Developers, please add a command for play next in the automix list. VDJ is awesome though and this community is the best because we all pitch in to make things better and this company actually listens. I have never really seen another company that interacts and responds like Automix, that is just another reason to love this software.

Mensajes Sat 30 May 09 @ 2:40 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Sounds like you have a good chance from looking at the sneak preview of VDJ6. Apparently it's a complete re-write, using a new kind of script, which is supposed to make things more user-tweakable. Fingers crossed you'll be able to do some kind of "play next in list" kind of command.

For the record, I used to do something very similar years ago at a student union where I worked. The DJ booth was at one end of the room, and the stage was at the other. If I was onstage leading the games, I'd need to jump through a playlist of tracks (ie background music, followed by one-minute track for the game, followed by backing music, followed by sound effect, etc) at a specific time. I did this by remote control.

You can buy cheap smoke machines that come with a small keyfob remote and receiver pack which plugs into the back of the smoke machine. I used this remote and receiver to control a relay, which switched two pins on an RS-232 serial cable, which was in turn connected to a PC running winamp and a serial port control plugin. I had all my background music, sounds effects and tracks loaded into winamp in the order that I wanted them, and every time I pressed the button on the keyfob remote, it would jump to the next track in the playlist. Simple, but very effective. The operating range of this remote was as good as that of the radio mic I was using - in fact I used to tape the remote to the base of the mic so that I could talk and operate the music and still have one hand free. Never got round to building the remote into the body of the mic itself, but that was going to be the next job...

Mensajes Sun 31 May 09 @ 8:18 am
I may not have epained "play next" the way I see it work. There is a mixnow function, which would strat mixing in the next song right then (hence mix now).

What I want to do is, lets just say I am out on the floor and get a request. Some thing important, for example Bride has a fav song or wants to slow dance with somebody before they go. I can browse my library, select the song that I want and just hit a button that would add this song to the automix list under the one currently playing. So that it would play next in the automix list, you can tell the cleint that it is comming up next and go about your buisness. The problem now is I can add the song to the bottom of the list and it is difficult to rearange track from the iPhone. Maybe there can be buttons to help with this, I am open to other itdeas. My sugestion is just the best use that I can see.

I have to admit that this past wedding is the first wedding I was able to use VDJ Pro and all of its great features, it did make it effortless and I didn't really need this feature. Sure it is more for my fun and not so much needed, but it can be a good tool for many to have.

Mensajes Sun 31 May 09 @ 8:58 am
DHoude wrote :
Developers, please add a command for play next in the automix list.

Try the action: automix_skip

Mensajes Sun 31 May 09 @ 2:42 pm
Thanks for the idea. I just now tried that feature. That function just starts fading to the next song in the play list. Reguradles of where ever you are on the track that is currently playing, it starts fading into the next song. Just like mix now did.

My idea was to be able to select (highlight) a song in the browser area after doing a search for it. Then hit a button that would put it in the automix list on the right. But I want it to put the song in that list so that it would play next and not a the bottom like the "browser to playlist" feature does. Browser to playlist is nice and maybe there is a better way to organize tracks, I just have not been able to think of one yet. I am open to sugestions here.

The tripple tap then drag used in the RDP client of the iPhone is not really reliable and very esay to make something go really wrong with your set, that is why I am not real happy with it. The taps have to be so fast that it is very easy to hit another song. If they are too slow, you just keep scrolling the screen around until you do it right.

The other issue with RDP is the widow is obviously small. If I blow it up, I can see the browser area but not the automix and vice versa. The buttons I add to the skin should send the song where I want with one press. This would be the most ideal instead of what I am doing now. Which is:
1. hit my "browser to playlist" button
2. then swipe the screen of the iPhone to view the playlist window
3. scroll to find the song
4. tripple tap it (don't miss) and drag it to where you want it, if that spot is even visible (may have to drop it, scroll up more and then select it to move it more)

While possible, that is just too complicated for most people under pressure efficently complete with little to no riisk. That is why I don't feel it is a good solution yet. With the right ideas it could work great for allot of people. Either way, I am on it. I have looked into allot of ideas and really done some homework on this. The VDJ scrips in 6 may be the answer I am looking for. That is why I am waiting, like everone here I am sure. I really want to get my hands on the new version to see what it can do for me (and others of course). Seems like the new version will be awsome, but as there is no release date (which is the the way it should be, release it when ready) the anticipation grows everyday.

Mensajes Sun 31 May 09 @ 10:43 pm
Its called iTM DJ or iTouchMidi DJ and its for an Iphone or Itouch. You can check it out at there website itouchmidi. I really enjoyed this app, its simple to install, it uses your wifi, but you need to install something called midiyoke, it will describe it all on the website. Its pretty straight forward.
I would never use it for actual DJing, but just to mess around with its a lot of fun.

Mensajes Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 10:52 pm
RourkeyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
hello

does anyone know when the new i remote will be released into itunes

Mensajes Fri 22 Oct 10 @ 4:13 pm
Think that is in Apple's hands now my friend. Would love to see it though.

Mensajes Sat 23 Oct 10 @ 7:50 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)