Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Loops in sampler section

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Joop3mPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What i like to see is the possibility to store loops in the sample section which can handle more than 4 beats....

So i can program acapella's for instance with beatlock

Mensajes Sun 03 May 09 @ 8:48 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Loops aren't limited to 4 beats - if you have a track currently looped when you record the sample it uses that loop length.

Mensajes Sun 03 May 09 @ 5:28 pm
@sbdj.... So why have i always thought the freakin loops were 4 beats? could made a lot of money knowing this haha....

tnx!

Joop

(ps... how's the sms-text going?)

Mensajes Mon 04 May 09 @ 6:24 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Joop3m wrote :
@sbdj.... So why have i always thought the freakin loops were 4 beats? could made a lot of money knowing this haha...

Because no body reads the manual ...

pg 44 ...

"To record a circular (looping) sample, use the deck’s loop control to set the loop then click the “Loop” button on the bottom of the sample cell. The loop is automatically recorded to that sample cell and ready for immediate use.

If the “Loop” button is clicked without defining a loop using the deck controls, a 4 beat loop is automatically recorded."

Mensajes Mon 04 May 09 @ 12:00 pm
av1613PRO InfinityMember since 2007
In built EQ/Kills on the sampler section would be very useful..or can I do that already? I ponder.....play from deck with EQ already adjusted with VDJ internal mixer and get a recorded EQ' version of that sample? hmmmm...will have to try that! :-)

Mensajes Sun 10 May 09 @ 2:35 pm
Rubbish!...yer EQ on sampler please.

Mensajes Sun 10 May 09 @ 2:37 pm
Use a triple output sound card and run the sampler to it's own channel on a mixer. Far more flexibility :)

Mensajes Sun 10 May 09 @ 5:42 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Use a triple output sound card and run the sampler to it's own channel on a mixer. Far more flexibility :)

Doing that with Timecode but I often use 2 or more sample to spice up dull transitions. Effects are cool but making good use of the auto matched samples is a good way to hype a crowed....+ it makes me sound like a god!! haha I was accused of just playing a DMC mix's saturday night cos mixing / remixing like that cant be done live...a great compliment I thought!! Ok..it was rehearsed..but still. :-)

Anywho, with EQ's on each sample output I feel I could push it further before its sound messy.

Mensajes Mon 11 May 09 @ 3:36 am
ok then.... let me put one more in:

IS it necessary to take a sample at each bpm (and save it) to use the sample in its original pitch, because the pitch is shifting along with the bpm change....

or am i overlooking some page again?

gr,
Joop

Mensajes Mon 11 May 09 @ 8:28 am
av1613 wrote :
Doing that with Timecode but I often use 2 or more sample to spice up dull transitions. Effects are cool but making good use of the auto matched samples is a good way to hype a crowed....+ it makes me sound like a god!! haha I was accused of just playing a DMC mix's saturday night cos mixing / remixing like that cant be done live...a great compliment I thought!! Ok..it was rehearsed..but still. :-)

Anywho, with EQ's on each sample output I feel I could push it further before its sound messy.

Yup, but controlling multiple EQs on multiple samples would become messy. The best solution would probably be to have dual sampler outputs, so you could do a 4ch output to two seperate channels on a mixer for decks, and 2 for sampler.

Or more decks.

This is where software like Ableton and Mixmeister come into their own.

Mensajes Mon 11 May 09 @ 10:04 am
Joop3m wrote :
ok then.... let me put one more in:

IS it necessary to take a sample at each bpm (and save it) to use the sample in its original pitch, because the pitch is shifting along with the bpm change....

or am i overlooking some page again?

gr,
Joop

You are correct, sampler output is pitch shifted rather than time stretched.

Mensajes Mon 11 May 09 @ 10:05 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yeah, that would probably be asking a bit much of most people's computers to have 12 independently-running timestretch engines for the sampler!

Mensajes Sun 31 May 09 @ 8:23 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)