Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: XP10 vs TCV - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djchillPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Can anyone explain to me what are the advantages and disadvantages of the Time coded vinyl and the xp10s.I would like to know which one has the most features and if the Xp10 can scratch just as good and fast as the Time coded vinyl.

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 4:31 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
TCV:
*advantages
-vynil touch
-easier pitching with the vynil player

*disadvantages
-none really except the place a vynil player takes
-no controls on vdj but only on music

XP10
*advantages
-very compact and easy to transport
-mappable
-a lot of vdj controls and music controls
-pitch
-effects
-samples
-browser
-etc
-little platter to move in the music

*disadvantages
-if your pc brakes down you can't use the xp10 to play analogic music
-maybe a bit too light

I have tried both of them and prefer XP10 because i never mixed with vynils before using vdj.

wait for other advices from the other djs

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 4:40 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i completely agree with lej78480. i have 2 XP10 and they are really a bit too light. now i will buy TCVs just because of vinyl mix feeling. if you want to have complete control of VDJ, buy XP10. if you want to play music by vinyl, buy TCVs.
if you are new in DJing i recommend you to buy XP10 to learn how to do it :)

Dj Nikki

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 5:45 pm
I really really am grateful for those two superb posts.I am gonna purchase the XP10 soon so I just wanted to make sure that I am going on the right track.But lastly can the XP10 scratch and mix just as the vinyls?Or is it slower than the vinyls.And what do yu mean that the XP10 are lite?.........Xeon and lej7480 I would really like to meet yu all personally as friends cause it will be great to have friends with the same virtuadj hardware as me.Look at my blogs for futher contact info.

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 7:46 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I don't own any XP10, but i tried them in paris on the VDJ stand.

They are very lite because they only weigh 300grams.
It would be nice to meat you but xeon is in slovenia and i'm in france :p

The scratch from the xp10 is at the same speed as vynils from my own experience

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 8:04 pm
XP10 is a bit more lazy. i never tryed TCVs, but when you touch jogs on XP10 it takes a few ms to respond. i think it is because jogs are touch sensitive. but it is not so tragic =) i use them with no problems.

XP10 is not so heavy and it has a little too rigid buttons, so you can move the whole controller when you try to push the button fast. but this is also not so big problem for buying =)

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 8:15 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TCV is more professional
with time coded vinyl you can do all but with keyboard : loops . samples and fx -
TCV has no latency in with drivers asio .

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 10:30 pm
you can loop with TCV. Its not as easy as letting VDJ do it but it can be done with practice.

Regards

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 10:35 pm
Well I was so excited about the XP10s but as far as I read it seems like the vinyl might be the better choice I am kinda disappointed though that the xp10 which is digital is still slower than vinyls.Well maybe I might have to think it over.Thanks for yur input.

Mensajes Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 12:02 am
it's a bit difficult to work with TCVs if you don't have previous experiences.

Mensajes Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 9:42 am
djchill. have you seen my mix videos with XP10s? XP10 are very capable, probably at least as capable as TCV. I've shown that you can indeed mix and scratch like a pro with XP10. All the XP10 complaints are valid though, flimsy pitch slider, wheels are too small, buttons sometimes take a lot of pressure to activate, etc. However, the latency comment is somewhat incorrect. The touch sensitive dial responds about as fast as you could possibly expect a touch sensitive plate to respond. Having said that, It's not instantaneous though when using VDJ but its no more latent than TCV.

Of course the tactile feel of a spinning 12 inch piece of vinyl in your hand is a lot more satisfying than a touch sensitve plate that is not spinning. For me, I scratch and mix pretty well with XP10 and FAST too. I mean not scratch fast but with the song changing controls right on the XP10, I can get in and out of songs and loops very quickly. You can't do that with TCV, period. When I'm doing a blend with an accapella track, I'm able to swap out the instrumental track under it while only missing about 4 bars, maybe during the chrorus. That's very hard to do with TCV.

Mensajes Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 11:13 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I totally agree with anewsome, i havent had any issues with regards to latency on the xp10's.... the slider and the stiffness of the buttons of probably more of the issue but i think you get used to pressing the buttons.

hey anewsome i've tried looking for a link to your video in the forums... can you repost it pls? i would'nt mind having a look.

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 2:45 am
Ok dj anwesome I am really glad to hear from yu but could yu plz provide a link to yur videos with the XP10s I will be gratefull.....And could yu plz check out my blogs l_rids or dj anewsome I would really like to contact yu all via email.Thanks.

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 3:42 pm
http://weezy.homelinux.com/xp10.html

The first is before I made the custom case. The second is with the custom road case. They are also pretty old videos, before I practiced a lot with the xp10. I think I'm a little better now.

I also have another video with a real "mix" session, not just 30 seconds of beat juggling. But it's a DVD quality video and would take a long time to download. If you're interested, hit me at anewsome@anewsome.com

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 5:58 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I messed about with a friends turntables the other day, and after having my XP10's for a few months, I found real turntables to be frustrating.

I guess it is all on what muscle memory you have. My hands are used to the XP10's now. I guess my point is that any of the options are valid, especially if you aren't already experienced with turntables.

Mensajes Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 9:57 pm
@ Anewsome

When your using your XP10s, when you hold the jog wheel does the waveform stop as well or is it consistantly playing?

Mensajes Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 12:23 am
the waveform stops movement when you hold the jog wheel. its the only way you can monitor your position when scratchn etc...

Mensajes Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 3:10 am
Ok although if the platter isn't turning I wonder how the software knows your holding it.

Mensajes Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 3:13 am
I've wondered the same thing... the plate must conduct some sort of current which is resisted some how when you touch it? probably need someone more technical..

@ anewsome

i just saw your vid... do you have any other vids with more hard out scratchn? i wouldnt mind seeing your coffin too. I'm making one up and just looking for ideas... your vid gave me some ideas on scratchn too thnx!

Mensajes Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 3:27 am
You need someone more technical?? how about TECHNICAL DJ!! haha-
Yeah- the way the XP10 platter works is like a track pad on a laptop. A conductive touch sensitive platter. You ever tried controlling a track pad with your fingernail? or any piece of plastic? it doesn't work. The platter does the same thing.

Mensajes Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 7:52 am
80%